corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » are g max good enough

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author are g max good enough
mattievRS

User status: Offline
19th Apr 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy
Will be to much for him, hes looking for budget

correct, got to buy a new car so at least iv got all the bits from my car, only problem is iv got nova front springs, so i dont know if the poundage is correct

the poundage wont be that far wrong mate,ive got some front 50mm spax springs for a corsa (unused).if you want them theyre yours for £25
Mobby

19th Apr 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m17tty
quote:
quote:

correct, got to buy a new car so at least iv got all the bits from my car, only problem is iv got nova front springs, so i dont know if the poundage is correct

the poundage wont be that far wrong mate,ive got some front 50mm spax springs for a corsa (unused).if you want them theyre yours for £25

looking to buy a whole set really mate
Limecat
Banned

19th Apr 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it actually does, youv owned all of them and not even really slated g max, i realy cant afford top quality as im as broke as a joke, but cheers for the info,
wouldnt the xe nova handle crap because of the extra weight in the xe and using normal nova poundage springs?

It's only about an extra 25KG's, granted it all counts but it isn't the difference many people claim.

Don't get me wrong, there IS better stuff out there and the old phrase of 'you get what you pay for' does ring true but if you aren't doing anything heavy then they are fine in my experience.

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
RIGHT i think people are jumping on the band wagon here, i've had g-max for over 2 years and have NOT had a problem at all, on my "rally car to be" it had -60mm springs and shocks 3 of the springs were snapped and a shock was fooked BUT it had done about 100,000 miles on them so g-max is actually not bad for the money really.
my verdict yes go for them

Over how many years though fella?
SXI - Matt

20th Apr 08 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Just to help you out abit corsa & nova springs are the same as are the corsa & nova shocks, g max have given them diffrent part numbers as its easier for the public when ordering, & some think to do with them being tuv aproved in germany, i had this conversation with john at gmax the other day and questioned the poundage and they are progresively wound which is why they are'nt bad on the ride quality side of things, so nova springs wont make your car sit lower ect as they are both identical sets for the nova & corsa

[Edited on 20-04-2008 by SXI - Matt]

[Edited on 20-04-2008 by SXI - Matt]
chrex

20th Apr 08 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a g-max kit on mine. Its -60mm but has settled to more like 70-75mm.

The two rear shocks make strange noises, but arent leaking. They're gas filled but make liquid noises!

I wouldnt get a g-max kit again...i'd go for a spax kit, not much more expensive, but much better quality!
vickers-sport

20th Apr 08 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have them on my 1.6 sport and they make the car handle jus as goood as my saxo on coil overs did jus proper bumpy
redtom

20th Apr 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are ok i used to have them.. did the job until i snapped a front spring.
CorsaSport14

20th Apr 08 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it mate, G Max aint bad. Its only a 1.2 and if your on a budget then i dont see y not.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » are g max good enough 23 database queries in 0.0127409 seconds