corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AD / LDIFDE Guru's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AD / LDIFDE Guru's
jamesw

User status: Offline
17th May 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK Guys, ive basically got a batch file that takes user details and spilts them off into 3 different tasks, one of them is to run DSADD to create an account for the user in AD.

Unfortunatelly one of the major things DSADD doesnt support is the stuff in address tab, i therefor came up with a solution the batch create an LDF file for each user with the streetaddress,city,postcode etc, then runs LDIFDE against the file to update the fields.

This is all well and good apart from one grip, I cant seem to find a way to use multiple lines for the streetaddress field, anyone know a solution? I suppose if not I can just seperate it with comma's
jamesw

17th May 08 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted, checked the RCF and can do multiline by encoding the lines into base64

[Edited on 17-05-2008 by jamesw]
Cavey

17th May 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was about to suggest that.
Bart

17th May 08 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would you want a script to do all that? are you dealing with hundreds of accounts?
jamesw

17th May 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, these are requests come in as and when on a daily basis, currently 1 request was coming in and people were doing 3 seperate tasks (Create account in AD, create account on AS400 mainframe system, and completing a word template to send off to the user to advise of there accounts details etc) Just trying to streamline things a little so they only have to input the data once to one location......

[Edited on 17-05-2008 by jamesw]

New Poll