corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Old Flame - Maybe Sold Already?? 24/05

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Old Flame - Maybe Sold Already?? 24/05
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th May 08 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry for deleting the other thread, I think alot is going to happen to each of my Corsa's so I prefer to have an individual thread for each one if thats ok

Anyway I bought this last week from the scrappy for £250, its a 99 Corsa Breeze 1.2 16v with 90k on the clock, its a Cat C Write Off.
Its Flame Red/Pink

Heres it sitting up the scrappy:

And when I got it home

As you can see in this picture, it needs a new drivers door as the current is rusty, new bonnet and bumper and basically a new front end.
When I got it I noticed the rear lights, wipers and washer jets where missing, and then found a fitting guide for lexus lights in the boot so you know whats been on it before

So I began stripping down the front end:

With my trusty hammer

Also de-molded the interior whilst I was at it, was abit disgusting

Then drilled out all the spot welds ready for a new panel, so it now looks like this

So ordering the new front panel as we speak, next job is to remove the rad and replace it, clean up the engine bay and give it a service, then onto getting the front panel on.

Been thinking about what im going to do with it after its MOT'd and VIC tested.
I really really like the Red Corsa Gsi Turbo in this months Total Vauxhall, but Im not sure what route Im going down yet with it, just focusing on repairs for now.
Im going to be using the car whilst the Green One is off the road so I do want it to look rather tasty still.
So any Idea's and Pictures Welcome

My Dad fancies something for abit of fun and metalness, so have said if he fancies a C20LET then this would be an ideal project to fit it in.

Will keep you all updated

[Edited on 24-05-2008 by Green Thing]

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Corsa_Scotty

6th May 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its taking good shape Green thing
K 5ive

6th May 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice cheap project that will end up anything but. Don't they all?
Adam C
Premium Member

6th May 08 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K 5ive
Nice cheap project that will end up anything but. Don't they all?

Exactly mate, too right

Just having so much fun with it at the moment just doing the repairs, and Im in no rush to get it done, but I can't help but think of the possibilites

Adam C
Premium Member

8th May 08 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got round to ordering the front panel today, cost £40 for the panel itself which isn't too bad.

Should get that monday, and have that day off so chances are it should be on too.

Adam C
Premium Member

24th May 08 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is how it looks currently

And some really gay rear lights as I blagged the standards for the turbo

My neighbour came around today and was interested in buying it off of me, Im basically getting the money back which I paid for it(£250) as he also likes his projects and has done plenty similar to this one, also wants a cheap run about so this should suit him happy.
So it may be gone soon, didn't exactly finish it but Im not fussed either way, if it stays then I will finish it or if it goes then I have more parking space.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Old Flame - Maybe Sold Already?? 24/05 25 database queries in 0.0159390 seconds