corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp Help
mart08uk

User status: Offline
   29th May 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey, my 400 watt koac V3 (if any of that helps :look keeps blowing fuses. im using 10amp car fuses with two wires running directly from the battery to a switch then to the amp, been trying to get it work for ages but no luck... thinking maybe something to do with the fuses do i need bigger ?

this is the amp.. here

hellllp please
C2RL R

29th May 08 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size is the fuse in the amp? your fuse next to the battery should be the same as that. 10amp is too small. what guage are the wires supplying power to it?

also, you dont need a negative from the batt as it it already connected to the car body so just ground it in the boot somewhere.
mart08uk

29th May 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers... i dont know the wire gauge as its out of a wire from a mains plug, this cause a problem ? (yes i know about car body being the ground my dad was helping earlier before he went work and we were trying to rule things out, well something he was thinking) going to look for what fuse is in the amp.....
mart08uk

29th May 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read this
"When the KOAC was connected it made a nasty buzzy sound and the transport sounds of the deck were heard clearly as a whiney ‘whoo’ noise. The sound quality was instantly degraded to a soft and ill-defined mush. All impact and definition disappeared. This product does not so much have a noise floor so much as a noise mezzanine.

In fact, with no signal running at all, the RTA registered 90.3dB of pure nastiness and no music!

With the music running and turned up until the ever present distortion was at least not so strong that you could still recognise the tune, the device raised 115.7dB at maximum at the grilles.
"

from http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=293

i have used this amp before and had this exact problem but thaught that using a ground loop would change this... can anyone conclude this ??? becuase if it wouldnt work then i might aswell convert to running dirctly from headunit as it has a built in amp but is less powered but good sound....

cheers for help dude.
C2RL R

29th May 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop what you're doing and find somebody in the know. you're using domestic cables that i'm geussin are about 1.5mm, you're gonna set fire to your car if you put a bigger fuse in. its a good job you only had a 10 amp fuse in there.
mart08uk

29th May 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have left it anyways, put at back to the standard wires coming from the headunit works fine, i wasnt going to mess with the amp untill tomorrow so i have dad with me anyhow just asking so i could inform him but i think i am going to leave it using the headunit amp. cheers anyways, pfft amps are alot of work
C2RL R

29th May 08 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they really aren't if you spend some time getting your head round it first.

New Poll