corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can you identify this part:

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can you identify this part:
freestylerx

User status: Offline
29th May 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Every morning (or cold start) I get a humming noise, that lasts just under 2 minutes then it stops. That's it.
Under the bonnet, I see it's coming from this small black box/thing, that has a pipe going to it, leading from the exhaust manifold.

If the pipe went to the inlet manifold or near there, then It would more make sence.

Was wondering because, I have a Janspeed exhaust manifold on it's way and was not sure if that sheild covering the standard one had to come off (as it's holding the pipe, that leads to this part)

Anyway here it is:

Thanks
luke85

29th May 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the secondary air injection setup, sounds kinda like a hoover. Its meant to do that, its to warm the CAT up quicker.

If your fitting a new manifold most people remove the secondary air injection system anyway and have the hole in the exhaust welded up
freestylerx

29th May 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, ok.
So what if I wanted to keep it on. Does it (cause I can't really see) come directly from the exhaust manifold, if so, will my exhaust have the hole in?
luke85

29th May 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My janspeed exhaust had the holethere but it wasnt threaded so it was easier to weld it up. you should have one big hole and one smaller one threaded next to it when you get the new manifold then you can swap it all over
freestylerx

29th May 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, Thanks alot, means I don't have remove anything
Gareth F

30th May 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one on my tigra didnt work so riped it all out and made a blanking cap from aluminium plate and just bolted it on with a gasket, job done
DAZ1985

30th May 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going ask this question myself, looks a mess so im just going rid it now i know what it is
luke85

30th May 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can unplug the air pump with no EM light coming on but there is a small solenoid valve that sits in the small pipe going to the valve. You can take all the pipes off but leave the little valve plugged in

New Poll