corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Brake fade! Lots of it!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake fade! Lots of it!
geordie alex

User status: Offline
   4th Jun 08 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the title says, getting loads of brake fade on mine, dont know whether its thru heat in the disc's or the lines expanding.

Only seems to happen if I floor it kanny hard after cruising round. They are fine until then, normal braking round town seems ok. Me slabs are always fucking boiling hot after aswell as the brakes.

If anyones got any ideas let me know. Running Calibra turbo Drilled and grooved disc's and calipers.

I thought braided brake lines, any other (cheaper) suggestions are very welcome!!

Thanks
Chris205

5th Jun 08 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try using brand new NORMAL discs with Uprated pads like mintex 1144's,
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

5th Jun 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are using Cav Slabs, they do tend to increase brake temps massively due to their crap design.
geordie alex

6th Jun 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why normal discs? Whats wrong with the drilled and grooved?

Fingers crossed im getting some Calibra DTM alloys so should help with the cooling.
modded_corsa

7th Jun 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brake fluid?

over time brake fluid naturally absorbs water (hydro-scopic) thus lowering the boiling point of the brake fluid and rapidly increasing time of brake fade

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Brake fade! Lots of it! 24 database queries in 0.0081780 seconds