corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 2003 Astra GSI - 280bhp/330lbft - £7700

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2003 Astra GSI - 280bhp/330lbft - £7700
Rob R

User status: Offline
14th Jun 08 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up for sale is my Astra GSI turbo in Arden Blue.

Some basic, important facts about the car first, the ones that tend to get left out when trying to sell a modified performance car.

The car was first registered early in 2003 and is on an 03 plate. At the time of writing there are 55,200 miles on the clock, 10,000 of which have been covered by myself. I am the 4th owner and purchased the car last August. The car is taxed until the end of August this year and the MOT expires in January 2009.

The car has full service history with 4 stamps in the book.
Service intervals have been at
3837 miles
18420 miles
43281 miles
49664 miles

There is a receipt for a service at 32000 miles but there is no stamp in the service book for this. At the last serviced I had NGK iridium spark plugs fitted and used Amsoil 10/40w oil as this doesn’t blow through the turbo seals like the thinner 5/30 oil does. The cambelt was also changed when the car was serviced at 51000 miles as there was doubts to whether or not it had been done and it’s better to be safe than sorry with something like that.

When purchased the car was fitted with extra dealer options of

Irmscher Grille
Electronic climate control
Reverse parking sensors
Curtain airbags
4 disc CD auto-changer
GM boot liner

Add these in with the half leather Recaro’s that come as standard and you do forget you piloting a mini rocket.

Now for the more interesting bits. There are quite a few performance enhancing modifications, mostly which have been carried out during my ownership. When I got the car it came with a full turbo back exhaust system which gave the car a little extra kick but not as much as I wanted so I got a bit carried away and in April this year finished the Regal Phase 3.5 conversion.

When the car was last dyno’d it pulled 276bhp and 328 lb/ft at 1.65 bar. The boost now spikes at 1.71 bar so can only presume the car is somewhere in the 280bhp region. It’s lovely having a high bhp readout but this car hits 270bhp and hardly drops off and is still producing 260bhp at 7000rpm.

Here’s a full breakdown of all the modifications carried out.

Engine

-LEH Turbo
-LEH Injectors
-LEH AFM
-Phase 3.5 software
-Courtenay Sport lower front mount intercooler
-Full Milltek turbo back exhaust inc. sports cat
-2.2 airbox conversion
-Regal power pipe
-Vectra C intake
-Iridium plugs
-Samco inlet hoses
-Blitz turbo timer/ boost gauge
-82* thermostat

Drivetrain

-Courtenay fast road clutch
-Courtenay light weight flywheel
-M Tech quick shift gear linkage
Chasis

-Eibach Sportline 50/30 kit
-Powerflex uprated engine mount insert
-Yokohama Parada Spec2 tyres
-EBC Ultimax discs
-EBC Yellow Stuff pads
-Eibach camber adjustment bolts

This really is a no expense spared car, if something has needed doing, it’s been done. When the car was last at Regal it had a full coolant flush and a new lower running temp thermostat.

The turbo, clutch, flywheel and brakes are all only 3000 miles old so the new owner has nothing to worry about in those respects as they have plenty of life left in them yet.

For piece of mind about letting the car cool down a Blitz turbo timer is fitted which also doubles up as a digital boost gauge which records peak boost readings. The car is always religiously warmed up before given any high levels of boost, couldn’t be doing with the hefty repair bill for a rebuild!

The car is booked in at Kent Performance Monday 23rd June for an oil and filter change, a new coolant control module and a general check over so the new owner really has nothing to spend on the car until it’s next due fresh oil.

The car is always kept clean as I’m a wannabe detailer and have access to a wide range of products that I can treat the car to, not your average Halfords array of stuff.

Anyone who knows Vauxhalls and the tuning scene surrounding them will be able to see this car has had no corners cut and has been done properly, the way it should be.

I have a folder full of receipts, I would add them up but it would sadden me to see how much I’ve spent!

I am in no rush to sell so will not listen to stupid offers of “ill give you £3000 cash and pick the car up this weekend” because you wont be…

Any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Can contact me on 07854 959 256, email me at zetecrob@hotmail.co.uk or u2u me on here.

[Edited on 18-06-2008 by Rob R]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 2003 Astra GSI - 280bhp/330lbft - £7700 25 database queries in 0.0047040 seconds