corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Hmm... This is screwed right?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hmm... This is screwed right?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   13th Jun 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got my new Nikon Coolpix s210 camera on tues... quite a nice camera...

However last night (total of 2 days use lol) my mate was using it and dropped it in his pint

Let's just say, the camera doesn't function very well now. It actually switches on, but the screen and lens is obviously full of water.

Anything I can do to fix this? ... Any idea's how I could 'claim it was dead on arrival?' using the warrenty.

Is there a way I could break the camera permantly that'd look like a technical fault? i.e. so they don't even get to switch it on and see the watery good ness.. and rather I can claim it was D.O.A and get a replacement?

My mate's a twat!
Matt L

13th Jun 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you buy it from?
if its from a shop just make sure its dry and go back say it didnt work. not sure if that will work if you bought it online.

if all else fails get your mate to buy you a new one.
Rob E

13th Jun 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i would be wanting my mate to replace it if the suppliers were funny about it. Only thing i could suggest is try drying it out and then ring them saying it didnt work when you got it. the smell of hops is just a coincidence

[Edited on 13-06-2008 by Rob E]
Paul_J

13th Jun 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought online... but when you switch it on, it's obvious it got wet... I tried drying it with hair dryer but hasn't seemed to work (if anything i may of melted the lens lol).

That's why I wish I could make it not switch on some how (run some magnets past it or something) then ship it off...

My mate's a bell and just laughed / thinks it's funny. He reckons I'm rich and he's poor and I can afford anything and everything and he can't... So he will not be buying me a new camera
Rob E

13th Jun 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt be having that off a mate! How accesible are the battery terminals on the camera? could bend/snap one if they are easy enough to get to
Ian W

13th Jun 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
bought online... but when you switch it on, it's obvious it got wet... I tried drying it with hair dryer but hasn't seemed to work (if anything i may of melted the lens lol).

That's why I wish I could make it not switch on some how (run some magnets past it or something) then ship it off...

My mate's a bell and just laughed / thinks it's funny. He reckons I'm rich and he's poor and I can afford anything and everything and he can't... So he will not be buying me a new camera

Your mate sounds like a tw@t
Paul_J

13th Jun 08 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ yup... we have to pay for taxi's... as 'he can't afford it'... but yet can afford to drink alcohol?
blebo

13th Jun 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Home Insurance??

Accidental cover, that sort of thing
Rob E

13th Jun 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people like that annoy me does he work or is he claiming benefits?
John

13th Jun 08 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smash the camera off his face and then take the money off him.
Graham88

13th Jun 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Smash the camera off his face and then take the money off him.

I agree.

What a great mate.
Hoddo

14th Jun 08 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt it will work again even if dried out as it goes sticky and such. your 'mate' is a bellend.
Paul_J

18th Jun 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hah

*update*

Been about a week, switched camera on... it all works but all the pictures look like they're taken under water just blurred...

bugger, just feels such a waste to lob out a near new camera despite it being broken, fair enough if it was an old piece of junk, but its new and still all shiny.
Butler

18th Jun 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude did you get it from the jessops site? If you take it into jessops they will send it away to be fixed under the manufacture warranty. Alot of people dont take out the jessops protection plan - 3 year extended warranty but it is well worth it in the long run!!
Hoddo

19th Jun 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
hah

*update*

Been about a week, switched camera on... it all works but all the pictures look like they're taken under water just blurred...

bugger, just feels such a waste to lob out a near new camera despite it being broken, fair enough if it was an old piece of junk, but its new and still all shiny.

you might be able to get it repaired or 'cleaned' obv gonna cost you a bit but least ya not wasting then?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Hmm... This is screwed right? 24 database queries in 0.0061359 seconds