corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help?
Darkside-Dee

User status: Offline
   21st Jun 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New to this, but any advice to what mods i can do on a P reg, 1.2 LS Corsa?

Any help welcome within reason.

Cheers

[Edited on 21-06-2008 by Darkside-Dee]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Jun 08 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine isn't really worth bothering with maybe a drilled airbox and exhaust for a nice sound but anything else'd be a waste of money. Just get it looking nice and if you want it handling nice too. Even slow cars can be brilliant fun on the right roads if they can handle em

Basics I'd say, nice set of wheels, personally I'd go for either Vauxhall wheels off another model or a motorsport wheel (Team Dynamics, Compomotive etc) in either 15 or 16inch

Lowered, few options really, just springs (personally I wouldn't consider this but plenty people do), I'd also recommend not going lower than 40mm on just springs, matched shocks and springs (good handling without having to fork out for coilovers), then coilovers, height adjustable, sometimes damping adjustable, generally considered as the best option but you pay for the priveledge.
Height options are generally considered 40mm best for handling, 60mm for looks or for a slammed look 90mm+ on the rear and maybe 70mm on the front.

Then you've got all the cosmetics, lights, colour coding, tints, different bumpers.

Just a few ideas there, there's quite a few more things you can go into all depends on what you want more, looks, handling, sound system etc

Bet you wasn't expecting quite so large a reply I'm a bit bored

[Edited on 21-06-2008 by Mike B]
Darkside-Dee

21st Jun 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol not quite, but cheers for the help.

i was thinkin about gettin a new backbox so it sounds nice, lowering about 40mm cos the speed bumps around here are killers, some nice cav alloys or astra, maybe team dynamics, then colour coding, debadged grill and maybe a brow on the bonet.

and then my mates setting me up a nice sound system etc.

Any other tips are welcome.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Jun 08 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a twin dtm back box in stainless steel that i am selling if your interested
Darkside-Dee

21st Jun 08 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ow much and got any pics?

cheers
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Jun 08 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best i have. but £50 as it needs a bit of pipe welded to mate with your existing exhaust!
Darkside-Dee

21st Jun 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright will see cos im a bit low on funds atm like. will see if i get a job

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help? 24 database queries in 0.3106539 seconds