corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 conversions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author v6 conversions
Wrighty

User status: Offline
6th Jul 08 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daft question but im loosing my vaux touch so..If doing a conversion into a corsa/astrsa - whats needed?

and what engine options are there? i know v6's are only steady away but are there different / faster ones to look out for?

cheers guys
Robin
Premium Member

6th Jul 08 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the Astra it's piss easy, use all the mounts etc from a Cav/Cali and just bolt it in.
J200RSA

6th Jul 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jonboy if your looking for a v6 the only real option is the x30xe, only found in the omega i believe. to put it into a corsa though you need the inlet manifold for the 2.5 calibra, the exhaust manifolds for the 2.5 calibra and the downpipes. they are 211bhp standard so not too shabby, get a flywheel from a redtop so it allows the engine to rev more freely and if you want acceleration over top speed use an f18 gearbox like i'm using
J200RSA

6th Jul 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

than there is hubs, mounts and shafts need also but you know that already

also its not a straight forward conversion into a corsa, as its a small engine bay so you need to modify the rear exhaust manifold and the bulk head need modifying.

with mine i also chopped the battey tray out and relocated the battery to the boot as the v6 is a heavy engine an a tight fit so moved it to free up some space and help the poor corsa out weight wise.

if you want any more help just give me a call

[Edited on 06-07-2008 by J200RSA]
Wrighty

6th Jul 08 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd joeboy
Corsa_Sport21

6th Jul 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have 1 in a mk3 gsi and i loved it.It had 3.0 cams,3.8bar fpr,and f20 box with flat flywheel.Used to pull very hard and rev quick.Would deffo do another but id go for a 3.0 this time.
And as said,it just drops in.Only thing u need to do is make a 22-23mm spacer if ur using any box other than the F25.

Drove pretty sweet and if u didnt know any better u would never think it was a v6.....until u hit the gas and bring the noise.

[Edited on 06-07-2008 by Corsa_Sport21]
Wrighty

6th Jul 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffinatly tempting

2.5 would do, with a decent Gbox and flywheel to make use of the engine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 conversions 23 database queries in 0.6807439 seconds