corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help!! fitted new front speakers and they sound crap!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help!! fitted new front speakers and they sound crap!
R16AN H

User status: Offline
21st Jul 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just spent the last hour replacing my front speakers as the standard ones werent up to much and have found that they sound worse than the standard ones
i have fiited a few sets before and have never found them to sound crapper than the standard ones,there just seems no bass at all off them....
the new ones are a 200w rms componant kit,and the stereos a kenwood with 4 x 45 output,could it be the stereo??any help would be greatly appreciated
James@CCC

21st Jul 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmm. Anything in the world should sound better than the standard ones, so makes me think youve done something wrong. Did you use correct speaker wire and good connections?

Check the levels youve set the headunit to (if theres no bass you might have told it not to)
vinnyvangough

21st Jul 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I picked up some 200w rms one's real cheap and they are worse than original one's
C2RL R

21st Jul 08 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check polarity of your connections. check your crossover wiring.
antoni

22nd Jul 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

200w rms components ?

fake figures them, even the bext and i mean best go to around 150 and were talking about £500 plus for them

and if they are 200w rms they will sound shit only getting 45w power, it will do more damage than if you put too much powere through them

New Poll