corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dump valve/ LET fuel pressure. STILL NEED HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dump valve/ LET fuel pressure. STILL NEED HELP!
thegsi

User status: Offline
18th Jul 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, this is quite hard to explain but here I have two pics. I am trying to connect my dump valve up but the vaccum (spelling) pipe is a bit strange. On the pic, you will see an 'L' pipe from a motor type part which I dont know what it is. That is then connected from another hose to the fuel pressure regulator. The vaccum was in the 'L' bracket which I connected to the dump valve but blanked or not, it lost revs and idled lumpy and cut out. Sorry for the essay but can anyone help me with this? Here are the pics:

[Edited on 23-07-2008 by thegsi]
craig_s

18th Jul 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that part is the hot start valve and you don't really need it,well mine is not piped up.just run 2 vaccums off the tb one to the fpr and one to the dump valve.have you blanked off the old dumpvalve?

[Edited on 18-07-2008 by craig_s]
luke85

18th Jul 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, your best off leaving it plugged in but connect your fuel pressure regulator and your dump valve straight to the vacuum from the throttle
thegsi

18th Jul 08 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK cheers lads. Well the vacuum pipe that is connected to the L piece on that hot start valve is what I connected to the Dump valve. So do I need to get a T-piece and more vacuum hose then connect both dump valve and FPR to the same vacuum?
luke85

19th Jul 08 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they both need to be connected to that pipe so you need a T piece. you havent left your fuel pressure reculator disconnected to pipe the dump valve in have you?
thegsi

23rd Jul 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK. I thought I cracked it earlier. I put a T-piece where the red circle is so the vacuum, dump valve and fuel pressure were all connected. First of all it was fine, boosting and dumping but then it started cutting out again. Im boggled now becuase I dont know where to go. Any other ideas? Could the dump valve be faulty? Heres some more pics:

T piece where vacuum is coming from:
thegsi

24th Jul 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one?
Luke

25th Jul 08 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what dump valve is it? if its a single piston dump valve thats what the problem could be, just an idea though
AdamF
Premium Member

26th Jul 08 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a diagram of how the vaccum pipes should go

AdamF
Premium Member

26th Jul 08 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

number 4 being the standard dump valve so run the existing vacuum to your new dump valve and join the 2 pipes that go to number 6 together
mikesc20let

26th Jul 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would get rid of the hot start valve as i havent got 1 on mine and it works fine but other than that looking at your photos it looks the same way as mine is piped up i could take some photos of mine and post them if you want
thegsi

28th Jul 08 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikesc20let
i would get rid of the hot start valve as i havent got 1 on mine and it works fine but other than that looking at your photos it looks the same way as mine is piped up i could take some photos of mine and post them if you want

Yes please mate. I disconnected the hot start valve but it still didnt run right
Ben ev

28th Jul 08 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to space the oe dump valve. there will be a guide ect on somewhere like migweb. you need to leave the hot start valve plugged into the main wiring loom so it dosnt through up a fault code but NOT run any vac pipes to it. the vac pipe needs to come directly from the tb and into the t peice then striaght to the new dumpvalve and fpr from there. dont use the hotstartvalve for anything apart from being plugged into the wiring. if you remove it completly the ecu will reconised it as a fault

[Edited on 28-07-2008 by Ben ev]
mikesc20let

30th Jul 08 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is how mine is piped up the red circles is the hose i used for my dumpvalve t-piece and the blue is what im using for my FPR and fuel vacuum hose from the inner wing swirl pot and as you can see i have not got a hot start valve

New Poll