corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20let FPR blanking plate or adaptor plate for adjustable fpr ????????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20let FPR blanking plate or adaptor plate for adjustable fpr ????????
shep2006

User status: Offline
29th Jul 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi just wonderd if any one knows were i can get a blanking plate or a adaptor to fit a adjustable fuel pressure reg to my c20 let fuel rail ??? any help would be great thanks
Limecat
Banned

30th Jul 08 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people ut there bung them out for about £40/50 which is money for old rope IMO as they are robbing c*nts.

Are you in a hurry for it? I will be sorting mine in the next 3 weeks or so, so will happily bash another out at cost + P&P.
luke85

30th Jul 08 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends what you plan to do with the fuel pressure, If you are just turning it up over standard then you can leave the old one on and use the adjustable one in the return from the rail. If you need to drop the pressure back down because of fitting bigger injectors then you will need the blanking plate.

Think I got one from Chris Astley a while ago but it took ages to come and Id realised i didnt really need it so sold it on
shep2006

30th Jul 08 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my car to the roling road yesterday and the man said you cant leave the old one in situ because they will both be fighting each other and when i put it on the return pipe it was too lean to run , im running phase 2 chips so need 3.6 bar fuel pressure......
luke85

30th Jul 08 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im running evo 5 chips on VXR injectors with 1.3 bar of boost on the setup I just mentioned and have never had any problems. Cant remember the pressure but it was dead easy to set up with the wideband.

Like I say though I think I got one from Chris Astley so it might be worth giving him a ring if you still want one, even if he cant get one he might know somewhere that does them
Ben ev

30th Jul 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luke85
It depends what you plan to do with the fuel pressure, If you are just turning it up over standard then you can leave the old one on and use the adjustable one in the return from the rail. If you need to drop the pressure back down because of fitting bigger injectors then you will need the blanking plate.

ive found on a few c20let's that doing this causes excesive stalling so i recomend using a blanking plate tbh.
shep2006

31st Jul 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just couldnt get anuf fuel pressure with the sard adjustable fpr on the return pipe , and the dyno man said this is because of the old one still trying to work ?????????????????
luke85

31st Jul 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting it in the return line as well as the standard reg should let you turn it up to whatever you like (as long as the pump can supply the pressure you want) Are you using a MPi pump?

Im not having a dig at Ben but in my experience it has worked perfect and has never stalled, but its your choice
shep2006

31st Jul 08 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as im aware im using a standerd pump maybe thats the problem i will get a uprated one and go from there
luke85

31st Jul 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good condition standard fuel pump should be ok for phase 2 as long as it was for a multi point injection engine. If its worn or you go above phase 2 then its best to upgrade
DAZ1985

31st Jul 08 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally id do the pump anyway for an uprated one. £100 part is it worth risking an engine for?
Limecat
Banned

1st Aug 08 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luke85
Putting it in the return line as well as the standard reg should let you turn it up to whatever you like (as long as the pump can supply the pressure you want) Are you using a MPi pump?

Im not having a dig at Ben but in my experience it has worked perfect and has never stalled, but its your choice

Agree 110%

Think of it like having a hose pipe (standard reg) and then you put your finger over the end (raised reg), that is basically what we are talking here, if raising the fuel pressure, the source of main pressure takes precedent.
Ben ev

3rd Aug 08 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe maybe not. my mate and i recently build a c20let engine for his astra turbo but didnt have a blanking plate at the time so ran the adjustable one aswell as standed. always stalled when coming back to idle. soon as we removed the standed one a week or so later problem was solved. maybe its something we did like not set pressure ect but just thought ide say as it was from very recently. if it works fine with dual regulators then save your money,

New Poll