corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Opening day of the premier league season 2008

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Opening day of the premier league season 2008
Cosmo

User status: Offline
17th Aug 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Will enjoy thrashing them at Anfield like we did to Derby though.

I'd like to say i'm looking forward to them coming to the KC, but our crime figures in this city are bad enough we're going to take a hit that weekend.

:hugz:

Yeah the 'spurs' fans that went to Manchester with Rangers are coming with us.
Aaron

17th Aug 08 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*faints*
strick206

17th Aug 08 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I hate liverpool, and think they have played 2 or 3 players who just arent good enough today, but he is a fucking fantastic player

Who isnt good enough? And you meaning Torres is fantastic?

Kuyt, Plessis

And yes torres, best striker in the prem by a country mile

Cosmo

17th Aug 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Kuyt, Plessis

And yes torres, best striker in the prem by a country mile

In that formation (4-4-2) Kuyt out on the right is shite - but that formation is being forced on us at the moment with both Lucas and Masch at the Olympics. Plessis is only a young lad (not long turned 20) and being thrown into central midfield, so I dont think he is doing a bad job tbh.
strick206

18th Aug 08 at 05:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He looks lost and out of sorts to me, and looks like he's struggling, he may improve, but from what i've seen of him he must be a squad player at best, a bit like chris eagles was
Cosmo

18th Aug 08 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He looks lost and out of sorts to me, and looks like he's struggling, he may improve, but from what i've seen of him he must be a squad player at best, a bit like chris eagles was

He has really impressed in pre-season. He was much better alongside Alonso the other day as took more control, but with Gerrard next to him he seemed to just get it and give it to him everytime!

He'll come good imo, his passing is amazing.
John G

18th Aug 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Totally the opposite to be honest, as cosmo said, very controlling in midfield when along side certain players, he was immense against rangers in pre season, his tackling, passing and ball control for a tall player is awesome. If you see him in the reserves last year you would also understand why Benitez has thrown him into the 1st team.
Cosmo

18th Aug 08 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think, given it was his first time alongside Gerrard and was a competitive game, he was a bit overawed by the whole thing and decided to play it easy with short balls to Gerrard rather than do what he actually can.

We'll see plenty more of him this season.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Opening day of the premier league season 2008 24 database queries in 0.0082779 seconds