corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AD Gods please... (Roaming Profile)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AD Gods please... (Roaming Profile)
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Sep 08 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a bit stuck.

All of the users files on my netrwork are hosted on the file server, as well as a shared desktop and start menu, which is fine for every PC because they are permanetly conencted to the network.

But, I now have three laptops that teachers want to take home. How do I stop them "forgetting" the shortcuts/documenets of the user when they log on at home?
colour_golden

9th Sep 08 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you mean forgetting them?
pow
Premium Member

9th Sep 08 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When they log on at home (ie with no connection to the servers here), there is no shortcuts or the users own documents.

It used to work before - the profile was a roaming one and when changes to documents were made, the laptop used to sync withthe serer when it was back in the building and the users files on the server updated...
colour_golden

9th Sep 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agh thats offline folders. It must be turned off or set to not sync the users home folder. Check that first

be careful not to sync lots of data though as your log on and logoff times will increase to annoying lengths of time.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/learnmore/offlinefiles.mspx

[Edited on 09-09-2008 by colour_golden]

New Poll