corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » nova gsi problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nova gsi problems
jibjob

User status: Offline
9th Sep 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly i have a nova gsi engine that i am fitting into my corsa. i know how to fit it, parts needed, etc,etc but i have no details of the car the engine was taken from so i dont know whether its pre-cat/cat and lamba sensor or not lamba sensor. its an E16se 1.6 8v bosch running system. anyone got any ideas?
Rybo

9th Sep 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its probably pre cat,does it have a lambda in the manifold/plug for one near the manifold in the loom?
jibjob

10th Sep 08 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure i'll have a look. if its pre-cat then do i need a cat for my MOT seeing as the car is after cat?
Rybo

10th Sep 08 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard mixed answer off freinds who are mechanics,most would say yes but a couple who have redtops out of say an astra gte say they do the emissions off the age of the engine etc etc,i have a redtop in my corsa out of a l reg calibra..no cat on it but i get it mot'd if you get my drift bud

theres definately people on here who would know better than me so if you hold out im sure someone will help better
jibjob

10th Sep 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for your help mate

New Poll