corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Please Help me fit my foot pedals

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please Help me fit my foot pedals
nessi

User status: Offline
   7th Apr 03 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought some halfords ripspeed pedals last november & i decided to fit them yesterday using my Haynes max power modifying book.
It started off bad when i took off my old rubber pads to discover that all 3 pedal arms are in a different place. I decided to offset them all slightly to the left & i held up my new pedals & i marked some drilling spots. I started drilling using a new small metal drill bit, but guess what it snapped before i had even drillled one hole! I used the next size up & it was fine.
I drilled the 2 holes into the brake pedal after 2 hours cos the drill bit kept slipping & i had to make 2 trips to b&q. Then i fitted my pedal on & i had more problems with tightening the bolt on behind
It does look good but its a lot harder to do than i expected.
Now tomorrow ive got to do the same for my clutch & accelerator pedal.
Is there any good advice that you could help me with before i decide to give up & put my rubber pads back on.
Cheers Ness
leeshez

8th Apr 03 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure it is a metal bit and not made for wood use mine took ages to do. Then i got the right bit for the job hay presto megga cool pedals Gizzmo the rabbit (Lee)
blebo

8th Apr 03 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick them to your trainers.....
Kris TD

8th Apr 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blebo
Stick them to your trainers.....
viera

8th Apr 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put these on and took em off within a week, so much messing to get them on, then once on, they were so uncomfy to drive in as i kept clipping the brake when going for the accelerator. Unerversal ones don't go well on the corsa as the pedals are so close together.

If i was to do it again, i would get the speacially made ones to suit the corsa. Bit more money but worth it.
neiliosxi

8th Apr 03 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with viera! still have them on like, getting used to them a bit better now. I found it hard to get the drill in the right place at the right angle to drill them. had to jam the brake pedal as far in as i could with a piece of wood, did the trick!
Mr Whippy
Banned

8th Apr 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ripspeed pedals!!!! Jeeze what a waste of money. Tacky shite But then again it is a slow car I suppose.
Nailz

8th Apr 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does whippy drive then
Nailz

8th Apr 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the pedal arms out of the car, lot easier

New Poll