corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I think I'm going to be sick!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I think I'm going to be sick!
Marc

User status: Offline
19th Sep 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fergie and Wenger practically saying they're best buds

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4165529,00.html
MatthewR

19th Sep 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its bullsh1t
Manchester Utd have always been the most richest club in the prem/world uptill a few years ago - just because other clubs now have the same/more money as them there moaning about it.
I think its great to see teams saying there gunna try and sign Man Utd players, Utd have done that for years
chris-sri

19th Sep 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but Manchester United's success and wealth was built on winning trophies year after year. They used that to their advantage and built the worldwide brand that now exists. It's completely different to some bloke who has no connection to football whatsoever throwing money at a club,
Robbo

19th Sep 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
Yes but Manchester United's success and wealth was built on winning trophies year after year. They used that to their advantage and built the worldwide brand that now exists. It's completely different to some bloke who has no connection to football whatsoever throwing money at a club,
A-greed! They used success on the pitch and commercial savvy to build up their financial base, in the same way Arsenal have used shrewd investment, a new stadium and a policy of nuirturing talkent to build their financial base... Chelski on the other hand were hours from going under and saved by a billionaire and Man City have simply been bought by a billionaire
--DAN--

19th Sep 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Spot on.
Jodi_the_g

19th Sep 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That apart I still like a multi billionaire to buy my club. I do think a director of football though should have some experience. i.e. if it was Bobby Robson not fucking Dennis wise so agree with their comments on why the managers left.

[Edited on 19-09-2008 by Jodi_the_g]
Ben J

20th Sep 08 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
A-greed! They used success on the pitch and commercial savvy to build up their financial base, in the same way Arsenal have used shrewd investment, a new stadium and a policy of nuirturing talkent to build their financial base... Chelski on the other hand were hours from going under and saved by a billionaire and Man City have simply been bought by a billionaire

Spot on. Tbh all these clubs being bought out by billionaires who want to splash the cash makes me sick. Its ruining football.

gianluigi

22nd Sep 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

Spot on. Tbh all these clubs being bought out by billionaires who want to splash the cash makes me sick. Its ruining football.

yeap, the premier league is turning into a billionaires boys club. its becoming a fashion and they will soon get bored. its a j-oke.
Cosmo

22nd Sep 08 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I dont have a problem with all these billionaires buying clubs. Yeah it makes things harder, but Id rather be watching us play decent sides more often than playing shite and winning things.
gianluigi

23rd Sep 08 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are no under-dogs anymore. for a neutral, its boring. same results every week. the smaller teams cant compete.
MatthewR

23rd Sep 08 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
TBH I dont have a problem with all these billionaires buying clubs. Yeah it makes things harder, but Id rather be watching us play decent sides more often than playing shite and winning things.

i think its great for football
Nath

23rd Sep 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arabs FTL
Cosmo

23rd Sep 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
there are no under-dogs anymore. for a neutral, its boring. same results every week. the smaller teams cant compete.

Dont talk shite, previously it was the top 4, now with more and more money coming in it could be the top 6, 7 or 8. double the amount of top quality teams is surely much better for English football.
Jodi_the_g

23rd Sep 08 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi

Dont talk shite, previously it was the top 4, now with more and more money coming in it could be the top 6, 7 or 8. double the amount of top quality teams is surely much better for English football.

If they had english players yeah it would be.

Although like I said I have no problem with it the only people who complain are the ones without billionaire owners.
Cosmo

23rd Sep 08 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
If they had english players yeah it would be.

Although like I said I have no problem with it the only people who complain are the ones without billionaire owners.

Well having English players goes well beyond the clubs owners, it comes down to the FA and grassroots football.

If the English quality was there then the teams would have more English players in them.
Nath

23rd Sep 08 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dear mega rich people,

Please buy my club.

Love Cosmo
Jodi_the_g

23rd Sep 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Dear mega rich people,

Please buy my club.

Love Cosmo

Or yours Nath. though I think you will be non league next season which is a shame.

[Edited on 23-09-2008 by Jodi_the_g]
Nath

23rd Sep 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more than happy with our current owners. Luton fans with Luton at heart. Not like these billionaires who see clubs as toys, and will jump ship as soon as it gets boring.

We aren't going down either. Current form see's us staying up.
strick206

23rd Sep 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think luton willl stay up, need a bookies to give me a price on it though, and i want 3/1 or bigger really
strick206

23rd Sep 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to try my irish friend paddy to see what he quotes
Jodi_the_g

23rd Sep 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need to get about 78 points though to do it.
strick206

23rd Sep 08 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No price
Cosmo

23rd Sep 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Dear mega rich people,

Please buy my club.

Love Cosmo

Im not fussed if the guy who buys us is mega rich or not - as long as they can allow us to compete at the highest level whilst not fucking on our traditions then thats fine by me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I think I'm going to be sick! 24 database queries in 0.0145071 seconds