corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Flash/Director Guru's - Help Needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flash/Director Guru's - Help Needed
Dom

User status: Offline
27th Oct 08 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing some research into producing a virtual/interactive tour using flash/director and i've seen an effect using a combination of video and images (im assuming) allowing the user/audience to pan horizontally and 360 around a room, whilst people/objects in that room where still animated - if that makes sense?

The example i saw was of a POV (point-of-view) interactive tour of a pub in flash and once in a room, you could pan around and certain objects could be highlighter for more information. But whilst you panned around you had people sitting a tables being tracked on screen - but they were animated (talking, moving about in their seats etc). So you'd pan left (using animated arrows that would pop up) and for example, a table full of people would move around to the right, yet still fully animated. Mouse off arrow, panning would stop, yet the people were still animated.

Anyone know what this is called or how it's done, or know where i can get more information on this?
Been bashing around on google for a few hours but yet to come up with anything useful.

Cheers all
Dom

27th Oct 08 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing it's blending a number of videos/pics together and tracking them in shot?
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Oct 08 at 02:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds very much like a number of cameras are used to record the scene concurrently, then the pan selects the view. Big job.
Dom

27th Oct 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Sounds very much like a number of cameras are used to record the scene concurrently, then the pan selects the view. Big job.

I did think that, but it was a uni students final year project and i doubt he could of got his hands on a load of cameras...hmmmmm.

As the people in the scene didn't move about (just sat in seats, animated talking etc), i'm thinking a load of still images were taken, stiched together and then looped video blended in to sections of the images. All of this gets pushed left/right in flash when panning......

will carry on looking around google...

New Poll