corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE cam timing adjustment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE cam timing adjustment
Will94

User status: Offline
29th Oct 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the 270 cams in on sunday, runs very tetchy. Seems like theres way to much overlap.

The Dbilas verniers arrived today, its going down to regal next week to get properly mapped/setup/dialled in on their rolling road but i just wanna try and get it to a driveable state to get it there

Its a loose question i know, but does anyone whether which cam has to be advanced or retarded to reduce the overlap (and hopefully make it driveable enuf to limp down there lol)

Will94

29th Oct 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1?

Looking at the positions of the lobes i think i'm gonna hafta advance the exhaust cam and retard the inlet....
Steve X16XE

30th Oct 08 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just keep the verniers to 0 and use the timing marks. You should be ok. Are your pistons standard or pocketed?

Don't thrash it on the way there. Like you said "limp down there" might just be your best way.

How far do you have to travel?
dan-h

30th Oct 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.alcester-racing-sevens.com/cam_timing.htm
Will94

30th Oct 08 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
Just keep the verniers to 0 and use the timing marks. You should be ok. Are your pistons standard or pocketed?

Don't thrash it on the way there. Like you said "limp down there" might just be your best way.

How far do you have to travel?

Fair distance to travel

Pistons are standard, i think the management is the main problem atm (after trying countless variations with the verniers lol). fuelling and ignition appears nowhere near where it needs to be. got the batt on charge overnite, if i dont get anywhere with it 2moro then i'll be hiring a transporter to take it there
Ojc

31st Oct 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will, why not take it to Courtenay?

New Poll