corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe bent valve!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe bent valve!
john_c20xe

User status: Offline
4th Nov 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

high have just tested my x16xe engine after having a missfire,
put the airline on cylinder one and on the exhaust valve cycle, air come out inlet and exhaust, so im guessing exhaust valve is either bent or cracked as it should be sealed shut..

so im going to take the head off tomora andjust change the bent valve over from a spare head i have laying around,

im guessing people have done this before so just wondering ruffly how long it will take?

cheers
Mr Turner

4th Nov 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just took my head off, its not a very nice job realy, wires and shit every where, its just a case of gaining access to everything, i took the head off with the inlet still on it, just unbolted all from the inlet, thats the easiest way as you cant get to the inlet bolts very easy. took me about 6 hours to get the head off and take all 16 valves out, and 2 of my head bolts sheered off so had to be welded to with a nut.

also would try a compression test on the head first befor you go taking it all off just to be sure.

[Edited on 04-11-2008 by Mr Turner]
Steve X16XE

4th Nov 08 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is an overlap where both are open at the same time.
john_c20xe

4th Nov 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i know but it wasnt on overlap
john_c20xe

4th Nov 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Turner
i have just took my head off, its not a very nice job realy, wires and shit every where, its just a case of gaining access to everything, i took the head off with the inlet still on it, just unbolted all from the inlet, thats the easiest way as you cant get to the inlet bolts very easy. took me about 6 hours to get the head off and take all 16 valves out, and 2 of my head bolts sheered off so had to be welded to with a nut.

also would try a compression test on the head first befor you go taking it all off just to be sure.

oh shit i dnt wana be shearing off head bolts, i nearly had that porblem on my old redtop, after getting 3 sets of the wrong head bolts from the dumb fucks at vauxhall i just used the old ones fort they were gna snap.

bit annoying too becoz ive just recently fitted a replica manzel inlet and hidden all my injector wiring and shit below the inlet manifold all neat and tidy lol

[Edited on 04-11-2008 by Mr Turner]
Cossie

5th Nov 08 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome to the club http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=453404

New Poll