corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Misfire whilst under throttle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Misfire whilst under throttle
Jenko_Sport

User status: Offline
21st Nov 08 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my x16xe idles perfectly but whilst under load it just misses big time and if i press the accelerator more than about 1/4 down it looses all power and only just about stays running. When engine not under load you can press the accelerator about halfway down before it looses power and you just hear alot of induction noise.

Car used to run perfectly before it came of the road about a year and a half ago, car has been turned over and started first turn of the key but has been started today and this problem has come up.

All leads and plugs seem to be ok.

Fueling problem maybe?
Ellis

21st Nov 08 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this after leaving my car sitting for a while, once it was warm it went away, moisture ingress somewhere I was thinking and the heat dried it up...
Jenko_Sport

21st Nov 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its proberbly been running for over half an hour so if was this should of cleared by now.
ali_corsa

21st Nov 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a missfire but only when it was raining it was the leads getting damp i just put electric tape on the leads it self and tried it and it went away , possible worth something you might want to try
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

21st Nov 08 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did that when I had a failed coolant temperature sensor, so it poured neat fuel through my exhaust system and demolished my cat, which was then blocking the exhaust system at higher revs.

Mine also stalled pretty much whenever it got up to temperature too though, so it may not be that that's the issue
Jenko_Sport

21st Nov 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got no cat on mine, will have to try new leads i think.
Richardhhha

21st Nov 08 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try checking the tops of your spark plugs.. The little screw on caps come loose and can cause this problem.. Seen it do it on my xe and my 14xe..
Jenko_Sport

22nd Nov 08 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ttt
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

22nd Nov 08 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had this problem a couple of times, first was moisture getting to the leads/plugs a quick change of these sorted the problem.

a few months later the problem came back, ran fine but missfired underload @ a certain rev range. turned out to be the camshaft as the cam profile was completly worn on cylinder 1 & 2 lol

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll