corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oil pressure wiring on intergrated loom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oil pressure wiring on intergrated loom
Terry12

User status: Offline
19th Nov 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently finishing the wiring on my XE conversion and can't find the wire for the oil pressure warning sender.
I have an X reg 1.2 16V Corsa which has the car and engine loom as 1. I'm assuming the plug for the sender should be around the oil pump area like normal but can't seem to find it.

Does anybody know where it runs from on the loom and what colour wire it is please?
luke85

19th Nov 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its the same as most other corsas then it doesnt come out of the engine loom, its part of the starter loom so if you havent swapped that over yet then it will be on there. Cant remember what colour off the top of my head but can find out if nobody else knows
Terry12

19th Nov 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be a help bud. My car is different to the usual Corsa though, On most the wiring is seperate, Mine is all in one. Although I can't remember if it had a seperate starter loom. Will have to have a nosey in my old wiring box.
luke85

19th Nov 08 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it one of the cars with the ECU under the bonnet? Usually there is a loom that does the starter motor (black with red stripe), alternator light, oil light and a few others. Comes out of the car somewhere in the middle of the bulkhead iirc. Have a look on the old engine see if its still on there
Terry12

19th Nov 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes the ECU was was bolted to the side of the head, I think I may have removed the starter loom but i'll have a look and see if I left it on.
Terry12

19th Nov 08 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just had a look in my loom box, Only thing I can find is the 1.2 injector loom which seems to have the pressure sender connector on. The wire is black.
Looks like i'll have take this wire from the injector loom and wire it into the XE loom.
Ste L

19th Nov 08 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil pressure going to car's loom, not engine loom i though?
luke85

19th Nov 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does on most corsas but never done one where the ECU started under the bonnet so not sure really. Unwind the loom and follow the wire is all I can suggest
Terry12

19th Nov 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
oil pressure going to car's loom, not engine loom i though?

This is what we thought but there's no sign of the plug anywhere, I've looked in the box I have and found the injector loom and this has a plug that looks right for the pressure sender. Wire is black though. Any ideas what colour it should be?

Where would it be on the car loom Ste?
Ste L

19th Nov 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the back of the clock's only idea i can sugest fella..

on my nova i think it was green/blue but might be wrong, was quite a while ago when i did it
Terry12

26th Nov 08 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally sussed it. The oil pressure wire is on the injector loom on the later 1.2 16 V. We had to trace it back along the loom. Turns out it runs to the multi-plug that most of the wires are for converting to the XE anyway. It's strange though, The wire starts out black but ends up blue/green iirc when it gets to the clocks.

Also found out the oil pressure sender wasnt working either
£4 for a brand new one and all was working well

Engine fires up a treat now, Just tappy as hell as it hasn't run for 3 years.

New Poll