corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » laptop to TV HDMI?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author laptop to TV HDMI?
csweatherston

User status: Offline
1st Dec 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hp dv6290 through HDMi to panasonic tx37lzd81.

whats the best settings?.. can i get audio through the HDMi too?.. or will i need a phono jack?

i play most my HD films through media player classic, using CCp+core avc codec packs, but im guessing i need to use the quickplay feature to stream through a separate monitor?.

any help appreciated, im mega confused :S
ssj_kakarot

1st Dec 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends firstly what res your tv accepts if its a 1080p tv then set the graphics to 1920 * 1080 at 60hz for standard def divx and movies.

for hd rips (mkv) you should set it to the same res but 24hz refresh.

not to sure what video control centre nvidia use, with ati there is a built in HDTV support in the control centre for this sort of thing im sure theres something in the nvidia control centre to.

if your sets not 1080p then just set it to the highest res it will accept.

as for the audio hdmi will transmit audio however only if your motherboard/graphics card will allow this, you will have to check this your self, go to the audio settings in control panel and check in the audio devices what are the options, e.g for my setup there is a choice of :

audio hd (sp/dif)
hdmi audio device

obviously if you habe something in the audiop device section that says hdmi this meens it will transfer audipo through the hdmi.

presumebly if you just plug the hdmi in turn the tv and then power the laptop on the picture will probs be auto detected.

ssj_kakarot

1st Dec 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ow yeah if your graphics card or monitor will not accept settings that you know it should e.g my tv was being a pain with 1920 *1080p 60hz just use a program caled powerstrip to force the res.
csweatherston

1st Dec 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh, ive set it to 1920*1080, and managed to centralise it now.

not sure whats best, if i set it to independant screens, i cant display anything on the Tv apart from the wallpaper.

still no audio through HDMi though
...i think the MB should stream it, SPDIF's on too.

shame my laptop doesnt support 100HZ
csweatherston

1st Dec 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its bloody confusing when the cursurs on the TV, but all the menu's appear on the laptop with no curser lol
ssj_kakarot

1st Dec 08 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hm most tv shows are recored in 60hz and hdtv is natively filmed in 24hz so really 100mhz wouldnt be the best choice anyway.

what are you getting the sound to go through do you have a serpeate av receiver as this is the best option for the sound, you can set the soundcard to simply pass through audio to your amp thus getting DTS and Dolby 5.1 from your HD movies, if your just running through the tv your only going to get 2 channel pcm audio.

ssj_kakarot

1st Dec 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csweatherston
its bloody confusing when the cursurs on the TV, but all the menu's appear on the laptop with no curser lol

sounds like your either cloning the image onto the tv or extending it i forget which one, you need to set the tv as the only display. sure there is a keyboard shortcut to achieve this.
Toby
Premium Member

1st Dec 08 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:

sounds like your either cloning the image onto the tv or extending it i forget which one, you need to set the tv as the only display. sure there is a keyboard shortcut to achieve this.
in the Nvidia control panel you can change this - choose the use on display selection and ,make sure you choose the tv
csweatherston

1st Dec 08 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted now.
HDMI has sound, had to set digital as default through realtek HD audio.

still cant figure out what "dual view" does exactly, just shows my wallpaper on the tv lol.

im set on clone screen at the mo.

is there any way of setting the default sound as the laptop speakers when i remove the HDMI cable?
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Dec 08 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sorted now.
HDMI has sound, had to set digital as default through realtek HD audio.

still cant figure out what "dual view" does exactly, just shows my wallpaper on the tv lol.

im set on clone screen at the mo.

is there any way of setting the default sound as the laptop speakers when i remove the HDMI cable?

No you have to change it in the realtek Hd thing each time, but all you do is disable laptop speakers when you plug into hdmi (as hdmi is next default) and then enable when you take HDMI out, the dual view is for if you are using two monitors i.e. if you want to game on screen and search google say on another
csweatherston

2nd Dec 08 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exellent.
cheers for your help guys.

New Poll