corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best year Honda CTR to go for and why?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best year Honda CTR to go for and why?
Ricky_Mitchell

User status: Offline
30th Dec 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ek9 for me. i just love em
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Dec 08 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Damian_666
you want a eg civic with the b18 jdm teg engine! lol

tbh the only other civic id have is the jdm ep3 same shape what gavin has. it has abit more bhp, been in the land of the rising sun and has lsd! and lastly comes in the best colour..... champ white!

[Edited on 30-12-2008 by Damian_666]

If you can live without championship white get a uk one and put in an LSD and remap it with an exhaust and filter and you will see about 220 to 230 bhp (depending on if you get a manifold too). And the power will have a much better curve then standard and JDM ones

Can be done for less or equal to the cost of a JDM too

Thats what I am doing

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
ShEp

30th Dec 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is one of these at my local Honda stealers

Thats a pre-production pic, the production model is all white, with white wheels

Only 2 were allocated to each dealer premises,

Gorgeous car
Gareth F

30th Dec 08 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs people, i give you option A or B and you give me C D E F and frickin G
Not helpful lol. Ok im gunna post up a poll with the suggestions in here and see what comes out on top, relying on people who know their jap from their crap
mk4_astra

30th Dec 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suppose it depends what your looking for in a car and you should test drive both.

i would personally choose the ep3 as i never do trackdays, handles well enough for me in standard form, very nippy and most importantly much better suited to everyday driving.

also its worth remembering the ek9 is going to have alot less low down/out of vtec grunt and the close ratio 5 speed box could prove a pain on motorways
Gareth F

30th Dec 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
i suppose it depends what your looking for in a car and you should test drive both.

i would personally choose the ep3 as i never do trackdays, handles well enough for me in standard form, very nippy and most importantly much better suited to everyday driving.

also its worth remembering the ek9 is going to have alot less low down/out of vtec grunt and the close ratio 5 speed box could prove a pain on motorways

Valid point, always felt the corsa 1.6 should have a 6th gear for motorways as i do alot more commuting now due to gf in uni.......
CorsaSport14

30th Dec 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ek9 or jdm ep3
andy1868

30th Dec 08 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're after a JDM EP3, why not just get a DC5 integra? i'm slightly biased but they're basically the same car apart from the DC5 looks better (IMO)
mk4_astra

30th Dec 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by munk3yrac3r
quote:

Valid point, always felt the corsa 1.6 should have a 6th gear for motorways as i do alot more commuting now due to gf in uni.......

Like i said try and test drive both before you buy as most people on here will say get the EK9 because its cool, though they probably havnt even driven one
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Dec 08 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by munk3yrac3r
quote:

Just to point out the 6th gear on mine is no higher then 5th in a corsa. About 3.5k at 70mph

Alot quiter mind

andy1868

30th Dec 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but at the same time, mine does 70 at 4.5k and is fucking loud can't really comment on the EK9, i think i remember reading its the same S80 box as the import DC2 (4.4 final drive as opposed to my 4.7 FD on the UK one)
Damian_666

30th Dec 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get the one shep posted, only reason is that they come with chrome door handles and chrome petrol cap cover! and they are very slow compared to the ep3! or get one and il give you a race!
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Dec 08 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to see this car of yours Mr pickford sees to rate it highly

Damian_666

30th Dec 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed you do!
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Dec 08 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an essex date needs arranging

big eck

31st Dec 08 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in the very same position as yourself mate when it came to buying a car for the missus, I told her about the EK9 civic but there are 2 lookalikes about my area and there just a bit old lookin now imo

She didnt really like the look of the pre-face lift EP3's as they looked very dull so the better option was the facelift one

I gotta admit I wasnt a honda fan and i'm still getting use to the very low torque figure compared to my last to cars but once on the boil (vtec lol) its a bloody quick car and the handling on hers is pretty outstanding as its been lowered slighty

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best year Honda CTR to go for and why? 24 database queries in 0.0148780 seconds