corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cutting springs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cutting springs
chris_gilly

User status: Offline
5th Jan 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its a bit of a bodge but what do you guys think on cutting standard front springs? im getting proper lowering front ones soon too match the back, but for now i want it to look low on he front aswell. any tips etc would be great

thanks
Minty_Fresh

5th Jan 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt bother, coming from a guy whos done it a few times on different cars, just get some 60mm front springs or even a cheap set of coilovers..

you may laugh but i speak the truth about chopped springs, there just unpredictable, you hit a bump and it will chuck you anyway it feels like it, soo bumpy, just no real road handling at all, may look good but if you hit a small bump when braking your front end will just keep bouncing straight into the car in front...

just telling the truth but its totally you call at the end of the day
chris_gilly

5th Jan 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh ok, thanks mate
mad_mike252

5th Jan 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy
wouldnt bother, coming from a guy whos done it a few times on different cars, just get some 60mm front springs or even a cheap set of coilovers..

you may laugh but i speak the truth about chopped springs, there just unpredictable, you hit a bump and it will chuck you anyway it feels like it, soo bumpy, just no real road handling at all, may look good but if you hit a small bump when braking your front end will just keep bouncing straight into the car in front...

just telling the truth but its totally you call at the end of the day

my dont lol
Minty_Fresh

5th Jan 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a decent set of coilovers then and you will see the difference..

New Poll