corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car keeps blowing fuses every 5 mins or so need help asap

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car keeps blowing fuses every 5 mins or so need help asap
tomtit88

User status: Offline
7th Jan 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car keeps blowing fuses every 5 mintues or so the fuses that keep blowing are the fuse for the left back light and the lights on the dial clocks and the other fuse is for the lights on the dash and all the fuel guages and other things but when the fuses blow the window wipers go slow and the blowers are weak but when i rev the car the battery light comes on and then the window wipers and blowers go back to normal does enyone know what this could be as it is really doing my head in
Antvauxhall

7th Jan 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a bad earth mate or have u touched the wiring behind the radio?? is it one of the fuses to the radio that goeas aswel, if so check the wiring behind it
tomtit88

7th Jan 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the radio does go off but that could be part off the ignition lights not coming on could it i will have a lok 2 maz mate

john_c20xe

7th Jan 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get ya multimenter out and test the current draw on the fuse! sounds like somethings trying to work too hard and is drawing to much amps for the fuse to handel. i had this problem with a window motor, motor was fuked and reli slow and just kept popping fuses was alot of current draw so i replaced motor and was fine

[Edited on 07-01-2009 by john_c20xe]
tomtit88

7th Jan 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
get ya multimenter out and test the current draw on the fuse! sounds like somethings trying to work too hard and is drawing to much amps for the fuse to handel. i had this problem with a window motor, motor was fuked and reli slow and just kept popping fuses was alot of current draw so i replaced motor and was fine

[Edited on 07-01-2009 by john_c20xe]

will do 2 moz mate thanks
scottmmw

7th Jan 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

multimeter isnt guna identify what component is doing the damage though.
john_c20xe

8th Jan 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont identify the part but will giv a good indication

New Poll