corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Barclays ibank

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Barclays ibank
C2RL R

User status: Offline
8th Jan 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody bank with barclays online? i've just tried to pay a bill on there and was told i couldn't until i receive some kind of pin reader that they are sending me. what the hell is it?
John

8th Jan 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not with barclays but had the same with RBS when I tried to do something.

You put your card in it, enter your pin and it generates a code, enter the code online and continue.

Just an extra security measure although i'm not quite sure of the point after you've logged in.
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never heard of it before. i thought it was secure enough as it was with the 12 digit and 5 digit passcode. the pin reader doesn't connect to the computer does it?
John

8th Jan 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, just like a pocket calculator really.
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh right. i'm pissed off really as this bill needs paying this week and i lost my telephone banking password ages ago. i'm running out of methods to pay the fucker.
John

8th Jan 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to go into the bank and deal with the complete idiot I always manage to get.
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jan 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Nope, just like a pocket calculator really.

My other half is with Barclays and when she first got that card reader I was like WTF?! that's a calculator ain't it?
dannymccann

8th Jan 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea ive got one, its total shite and adds an extra, unneeded level of 'security' to your account.

HSBC does online banking well, IB number and you are pretty much in
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why wouldn't they just send me one when they introduced it? Nob's. Good job i've not left it til the last minute otherwise i'd be gettin stung for 30 percent apr.
Tommy L

8th Jan 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had the thing nearly a year
AndyKent

8th Jan 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had it nearly a year - completely pointless - hate it. Also means that if I want to access my bank account from work I have to take the sodding thing with me.

Waste of time, I closed my account and opened one with First Direct instead.
Phi

8th Jan 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

card readers are stupid! twice now i have been sent one that isnt for my card! ive given up asking them
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is what i thought. its just an extra security measure but why not have it ask for answers to questions or introduce another passcode/password? rather than have a stup calculator sized thing that you might not have with you or that may be broken.
dannymccann

8th Jan 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That and the whole 'lets save the environment' shite, its really good sending every barclays customer a small plastic device isnt it
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is powered by batteries i guess?
Tim
Site Administrator

8th Jan 09 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Barclays iBank is much better than HSBC. You would only complain about the security if someone managed to compromise your account

The idea is standard two-factor authentication - something you have, and something you know. The reason it was launched is because of all the morons who clicked those dodgy links in spam emails "from Barclays" asking you to confirm your login details. If you're stupid enough to do that you deserve to lose your money really

I'm surprised you've only just found out about the PINsentry. I've had one for over a year How do you even log in without it?

[Edited on 08-01-2009 by Tim]
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been logging in regularly without knowing a thing about it. i've set up and cancelled direct debits and moved money around. when i log in now it asks if i have recieved my card reader so i click on no. then it says that i can still log in with my passcodes for a limited time only. it will let me see my statements but it will not let me pay bills until i get this card reader thing.
Tim
Site Administrator

8th Jan 09 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah maybe they only send you one when you pay a bill online or transfer money to other people (which I do quite a lot).
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i payed a bill about 4 months ago and all i did was log in as normal. this is why i was so suprised that i couldn't do it earlier.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Barclays ibank 23 database queries in 0.2648330 seconds