corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric m3 mirror wiring please help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric m3 mirror wiring please help
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
16th Apr 03 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought some m3 mirrors off someone on here but they only have three wires and a rectangle block that wont fit my current wiring mine seems to have five wires what does this mean ? what do I have to do to get this changed any help appreciated thanks, paul
p4ult

16th Apr 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try this, Got if off migweb when I was trying to do mine, but never got them working properly

OK, it does reverse the polarity and does only use three wires. The black wire goes to both the motors, with the other 2 going to one motor each.

So on the drivers side you may have the following wires:

For the mirror motors

Black & Red

Grey

Blue

For the mirror heater

Black & White

Brown

So for the motors you connect the common wire (Black & Red) to both motors and the Grey wire to the up and down motor, blue to the in and out.

The nearside should be the same except the up & down motor wire is Yellow and the in & out is green.

Hope that helps.
Karnage Corsa

16th Apr 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ that sounds complicated I will need to buy the new adapters first though wont I ? where will I be able to buy them from ? if u never giot them working propperly what did u do ?
p4ult

16th Apr 03 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if u are the only person that drives ur car u dont realy need to change them once they r set in the right poss, so I just leave them as they are
Sorry I cant realy help anymore, Migweb is better for this sorta stuff, try on there
Karnage Corsa

16th Apr 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate thanks I might give that a try whats the adress mate do u know I am a member but cant remember it
p4ult

16th Apr 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL
http://www.migweb.co.uk/
cobra148

17th Apr 03 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, have you still not sussed them out? You can see why I gave up with them.
If you contact S1MON on here, he might be able to help you out as he has some leccy mirrors with the same wiring working ok. IIRC I think he said Vauxhall dealer wired them up, not sure though.
Karnage Corsa

17th Apr 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice 1 cheers mate, to be honest I am pretty p!ssed off with them I thought they were both manouverable and heated so I am thinking of selling them on they are in mint condition just cant be arsed with the hassle, my cars going in for a massive job on the bodywork so I am just thinking of getting the indicators smoothed in and getting m3 mirrors with merc style indicators on them what do u think ?
p4ult

18th Apr 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
Paul, have you still not sussed them out? You can see why I gave up with them.
If you contact S1MON on here, he might be able to help you out as he has some leccy mirrors with the same wiring working ok. IIRC I think he said Vauxhall dealer wired them up, not sure though.

Na Rob, I gave up ages ago with them

New Poll