corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » exhaust wrap / new exhaust

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust wrap / new exhaust
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jan 09 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone had experiences with this stuff, and the pros and cons with it..

reason i ask is that i will be getting a new 4-1 manifold and exhaust in ss and with it being so close to the fibreglass i thought wrapping it up would be a safe option, but would it be worth doing the whole exhaust? of is it pointless?

[Edited on 14-01-2009 by chris_uk]
Fad

14th Jan 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People do the whole exhaust system but the gains are minimal. Also its very very expensive and will ned replacing when it becomes tatty.
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Jan 09 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would of thought it wouldnt be much more than £100, i don't have a lot of pipe on the vx.
cunningham

14th Jan 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wear gloves when putting it on nasty stuff
AK

14th Jan 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keeps heat in, so help leviate heat soak etc....

Can promote rust if its a daily driver... Lagging gets wet and sometimes wont dry out if its used for short journeys.

I'm prob going to do it on both the Impreza and Skyline...

Skyline - Passenger shoes melt to floor due to downpipes.... hope to prevent that and cut down on engine bay heat,

Impreza - try and stop No3 cly getting hotter than rest
DaNnY_LaD

14th Jan 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use it on my Cupra with the New turbo...

Keeps under bonnet temps well down..I got some good stuff for 20quid for 5m....And only done my Downpipe...
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Jan 09 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, just reading on pistonheads, they wre saying its a waste of time really, and can cause hot spots if its not done properly.

i might just leave it and monitor how hot it gets lol

this is the standard manifold

and this is the new one with downpipe and 200cell cat

chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Jan 09 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the difference in thickness of the pipes

Nic Barnes

14th Jan 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as someone said wear gloves. sometimes it can stress poorly welded bits more causing things to crack.
red_top_corsa

15th Jan 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate all i can say its before using it soak it you can get it much tighter and theres alot less dust
Daimo B

15th Jan 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking welds is common on poor material items.

Brilliant stuff. Lowers ambient temps in the engine bay by a lot. Also get some on the inlet track as well. Keeps the inlet charge cool (or you may want some of that silver foil type stuff for the inlet).

I've always rated heat wrap. Not so much for the road, but on a track, where your at top revs and the exhaut is very very hot, its a must. Keeps overal temps in the bay down by a good few degree's.

Planning on doing D5's exhaust with it, also some turbo heat wrap to keep the heat away from the engine bay.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » exhaust wrap / new exhaust 23 database queries in 0.2932382 seconds