corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problem with my Corsa? - Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with my Corsa? - Help!
hmfctal

User status: Offline
25th Jan 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK. I have a running list of problems with my car. Or what seems like problem. Ok the heaters don't get hot, they go warm but don't go hot as usual. Another thing i've noticed that when the car is idle the temperature rises to about 97-98 degrees and the fan comes on then the temperature drops to below 95 degrees. About 4 months ago, water was leaking through the EGR valve area, the housing thats in, but my dad fixed it by replacing the gasket as the other gasket was bent. And it solved the problem. I don't think I had checked my water coolant level since, until last week. It was empty near enough. So i have filled it back to the level, and I have never lost water since. There is no signs of water leaking anywhere. And the water hasn't mixed with the oil as their is no mayo. Only slight amount on the Oil Cap which apparently is condensation. So does anyone know what the problem is? Ideas i've been told are it could be the thermostat or the water pump. I can't see it being the headgasket as their is no tell tail signs like water and oil mixing, leaking etc.
hmfctal

25th Jan 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
johnhara1

25th Jan 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could just be an airlock.

Bleed the coolant, refill with coolant and bleed it up propperly.
hmfctal

25th Jan 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah their is air bubbles in the coolant, seen them going through the pipe. i forgot to mention this. how do i get rid of the coolant in the tank? and what you mean bleed it up properly ?
Stokie Dave

25th Jan 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cable to the heater controls might have come unclipped also which means it won't be pulling enough to open whatever opens to make them blow hot.. lol
hmfctal

25th Jan 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ands how do you fix that
johnhara1

25th Jan 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When your in the car put the heaters on no4 so it's blowing hard.

Then slowly change the heaters from cold to hot. You should hear the change in airflow as it changes from cold to hot (if that makes sense) if you dont or it's very slight then Dave is prob correct.
hmfctal

26th Jan 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you do hear the difference in airflow mate.
johnhara1

26th Jan 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cable hasn't came un clipped then.

Air lock i reakon.
hmfctal

26th Jan 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Options i've been told is Airlock or Headgasket. I don't think i've lost coolant recently, im not sure.
Stokie Dave

26th Jan 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do need mess with the cable it's along the left hand side of the centre console behind the radio, you can reach underneath up by the glovebox/lower shelf usually and feel the clips as you move your hand along the cable, saves taking trim apart

Mine did the same, it'd get warm but not hot, just found it had come off a clip, sound once back on and checked it works either way (hot and cold) again.

[Edited on 26-01-2009 by Stokie Dave]

New Poll