corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine mount snapped!!! Help!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine mount snapped!!! Help!!!
DJ_SmokeyJoe

User status: Offline
   27th Jan 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a T Reg SXi, and after noticing some very bad noises coming from under the bonnet and at the drivers side, also feeding back through the gear lever I discovered that the drivers side engine mount has snapped and the engine is starting to sink!

Car is at a garage at the moment but the guy wants £185 to source and fit the part. I've told him to hold fire as I'm skint!

Thing is I've got a perfectly good engine mount on my black SXi that ended up on its roof. Is it a difficult job?

What would you do in my situation?

Really need the car back on the road asap too ...

Thanks for your help, Joe.
luke85

27th Jan 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the mounts are the same (PAS and non PAS ones are different) then change it yourself or with your mates, £185 is taking the piss a bit to be honest
me9997

27th Jan 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its nothing to do just jack the engin back up and put the new mount on iv done it b4 on mi own nothin majoir
johnhara1

28th Jan 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Support the engine and then it's a bolt off, bolt on job.

Piece of cake. Get a couple mates to lend a hand.
Fro

28th Jan 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by me9997
its nothing to do just jack the engin back up and put the new mount on iv done it b4 on mi own nothin majoir

Just not by the sump

New Poll