corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone/Exchange E Mail help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone/Exchange E Mail help
Aaron

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, the boss was moaning that he wanted to be able to get his e mails on the move. I suggested a blackberry, but because his son has an iPhone which "works great"....he wanted one too.

I'm trying to set it up with our exchange server to that he can access his mail etc....and i'm going no where fast! I keep getting a load of error messages.

For example, when i set his account up on the phone, it keeps coming back to me telling me that the password is wrong...even though i know its right and have tested it. There are other errors also.

Has anyone else on here set an iPhone up with exchange before?

Another thing. I dont have total and complete control over which ports we have open and closed etc...thats handled by our ISP (i work in a school btw).

We have OWA set up and working and i can access that from remote locations using a the domain name email.xxxhenryxxxxxx.hull.xxx.uk/exchange (i've put the x's in for security)

Help.com

[Edited on 03-02-2009 by Aaron]
Bart

3rd Feb 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OWA is completely different to what you need.
Off the top of my head, you need IMAP enabled on the exchange server.
You will also need to get the IMAP port forwarded on your router to your server.
Aaron

3rd Feb 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMAP is enabled and the service is started on the Exchange Server.

Didnt know i had to forward anything. Why is it that Apple potray the image of "it'll just work out the box" when clearly it wont. Cunts

Saying that OWA was working was just to prove that i had a route into my exchange server from the outside world.
ENB

3rd Feb 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
IMAP is enabled and the service is started on the Exchange Server.

Didnt know i had to forward anything. Why is it that Apple potray the image of "it'll just work out the box" when clearly it wont. Cunts

Saying that OWA was working was just to prove that i had a route into my exchange server from the outside world.

we had the same thing the other week, only it was the bosses wife. Couldn't get it to work (though I wasn't really trying, my boss was) so we pointed it at the OWA instead and she was happy as larry, even bought us a big tub of quality street for our trouble
Aaron

3rd Feb 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pointed it at OWA? Please tell me how you did this....was it just using the Safari Browser?
Aaron

3rd Feb 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, looks like port 143 is the issue. I've just tried to telnet into our Exchange Server on that port and its given me a metaphorical "fuck off!"

[Edited on 03-02-2009 by Aaron]
James_DT

3rd Feb 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This might be teaching Granny to suck eggs, but have you tried the stuff on here?
http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/
Seems to think it only needs port 443 open.
ActiveSync on my Windows Mobile points to the OWA address, without the /exchange bit if that's any help.
ENB

4th Feb 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Pointed it at OWA? Please tell me how you did this....was it just using the Safari Browser?

Yes; we just used OWA as you would on any PC, worked fine.

Obviously not ideal, but it was a quick simple solution for us, rather than tearing apart Exchange.

Yes I believe IMAP is port 143.

New Poll