corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » overtime policies [workday]

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author overtime policies [workday]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Feb 09 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just wondering what everyones overtime policy is at work? Might have to review mine and i wanted to know what everyone else is doing.

Do you get overtime?

Whats the pay rate for out of hours weekday work? (normal rate, 1.5x rate, 2x rate?)

Whats the pay rate for weekend work? (normal rate, 1.5x rate, 2x rate?)

When do you get paid overtime? (monthly with wages etc)

Do you round up the amount of time you have worked up to the nearest 15 slot? 30mins? 1hr? - For example if you worked out of hours on the weekday for 20 minutes, do you get paid for a half hour? an hour? or literally the 20 minutes?

Cheers folks.

jamesw

16th Feb 09 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5x for any time during the week. 2x for any time during weekend. Extra gets put on next months pay packet. All OT get rounded up / down to the nearest 15.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Feb 09 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of work are you doing james?
jamesw

16th Feb 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT support
l15ter

16th Feb 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do over time, work for the nhs its very confusing about my over time, im contracted for 9 hours on a sunday (7am til 4pm), i get extra pay for that as its a weekend and it works my hourly rate plus half my hourly rate per hour. although i have started doing overtime on a sat and sunday evenings til 10pm.

i also do one or two week day evening, 6pm til 10pm, but after 8pm my pay goes up like sunday, but i only get paid my hourly rate plus 1/3 of my hourly rate per hour, before 8pm i just get paid my normally hourly rate.

then i do 6.30am til 2.30pm, every weekday, this should be paid at my normally hourly rate, with no extra pay like the weekend for example, but this is where is gets strange because i have done over 37.5 hours a week, i get paid extra pay (bit like sundays extra pay) for working any hours which dnt get the extra pay, so my weekday over time, i get paid my hourly rate plus 1/4 of my hourly rate per hour.

its all very confusing and not many people know that at work, but it works out i get paid more a month than my supervisors

although you have to keep a record of it cause they do screw your pay up a lot, because i get paid a month behind what ever i have worked
cunningham

16th Feb 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time and half for any hours worked through the week we finish at 12pm on a friday so any time after 12 on a friday upto sunday the first 4 hours is time and half then any hours after this is double time

so if anyone plans on coming in at the weekend most work till 4pm on friday thats there first 4 hours so any time done on sat or sun is double time
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

16th Feb 09 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5x pay or time in lieu

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
MarkM

16th Feb 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No overtime pay... unless in exceptional circumstances.

My working day "should" be 9.30 - 5.30 but I rarely finish before 6.30 and on some evenings can be here till gone 9.30. All without extra pay...I am expected to do it in this line of work.

Saying that I do have some quiet periods where I leave at 5.30 etc.

[Edited on 16-02-2009 by MarkM]
Tommy L

16th Feb 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time in lieu or get a bonus at the end of the month if i've put in extra hours
jr

16th Feb 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5x hourly rate when i can actully do it, as ive told you
a_j_mair

16th Feb 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5x hourly rate after 42 hours

can work as much as work load allows

very bust just now

Get paid weekly with overtime added in and taxed just as my normaL wages

I work with family buisness so quite a bit of come and go as long as i am doing the work
JayCarr

16th Feb 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

During the week I get paid 37 hours whether I do them or not. If I go over I don't get extra. But my travelling to work is part of that 37 so I dont much actual work.

For weekends I have to do 40 9 hour shifts a year, if I do two shifts in one weekend I get £220 overtime. And if you do 3 the you get £440. This year I've done two shifts every weekend apart from one.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Feb 09 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any 15minute slot over my normal 37 hours is paid at 1.5. on a sunday its paid at double
mwg

16th Feb 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5x normal wage. They wont pay overtime for any less than 30 mins so I couldn't put down 15 mins for example. Although personally if I worked 15 mins over I would round it up to 30 mins

The overtime is paid in to my account at the same time as my monthly wage so I get the lot on the last working day of the month. Which is good as it can add up to a nice extra lump of money sometimes.
James

16th Feb 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get paid overtime but I get a decent basic salary.

Plus I only work about 3 Saturdays in a year and rarely work past 6pm so I wouldn't get much anyway.
deano87

16th Feb 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate used to work at Somerfield and they would get 1.5x basic for working Sundays. His only shift was a Sunday, and he still got 1.5x. Jammy bugger.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Feb 09 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get overtime per-se but I get a project by project payment.

There are certain development projects which we keep well away from the business and only those who need to know, know anything about it. Anything I do from home, I agree a rate up front for the project; I've just done a project converting a hull from 2D to 3D with a few modifications to make it a faster hull, I got £1000 for that. That took 24hours!!

However, for normal work I get no overtime at all,regardless of how long I'm in. My contract states soemthing like 40 hours per week plus any other hours deemed necessary by the business

[Edited on 16-02-2009 by LiVe LeE]
Daimo B

16th Feb 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now, no

Formally, yes.

x1.5 weekdays
x2 at weekend

I used to do mine by the 1/2 hour (I took calls at home though which could last seconds sometimes, but each one rounded up to 30 min).

Used to be great, take 2-3 5 min calls and claim 1.5 hours OT
Ben G

16th Feb 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- time and a half on weekdays and saturdays.

- double time on sundays.

usually just do 8 hours shifts (06:30-14:30)

ovetime ban at the moment though due to ford of america doing so shite

i get paid weekly so it would just go onto the next weeks payslip. can get about £800 a week if i did every weekday and both days at the weekend. those were the days

[Edited on 16-02-2009 by Ben G]
myke

16th Feb 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really get overtime pay.
If i need to work late during the week then i just do it. Sometimes i need to do a 12 hour day (rare tbh) but the company is small and flexible, so i can roll up late most days and nothing is said. If i'm knackered from doing a long day, then i can come in a couple of hours late the next day or kick out a couple of hours early on a friday.

We charge out of hours (weekend) work to our clients at 1.5X whatever the basic quote was, so i can normally ask for £250 for working a Saturday or Sunday.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » overtime policies [workday] 24 database queries in 0.0140550 seconds