corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to remove deep scratches and stone chips without respraying the entire car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to remove deep scratches and stone chips without respraying the entire car
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
19th Feb 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay peeps this is for th detailers mainly, im in need of removing the deep scratches (back down to primer) and the stone chips, now i have been told about a fairly harsh treatment, as in touch up stich the chip or scratch, and then a slight layer of laqure, then flat back to remove scratch..

any other ideas please as it needs it badly and i dont have the money to respray the thing

thanks

Rich
Gareth F

19th Feb 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know where abouts you live but Rich H runs a detailing company and he going to sort mine out for me. Same method you have stated Most decent detailers should be able to do it, just look around i guess.
Richardhhha

19th Feb 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm may have a looksy at doing that way myself, as its just a plain white car so no clearcoat,

just need to find out the correct colour so i can get a touch up stick, and get some 2000grit wet and dry
Richardhhha

19th Feb 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah as for where i live its just 16 miles outside of south london

New Poll