corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Terrible MPG

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Terrible MPG
lumberjack

User status: Offline
19th Feb 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondered if any of you had any ideas about whats up with my car, basically it's a V reg 1.4 corsa sport.

I'm only getting around 21mpg around town, surely that's not right?

I used to only get around 19 but used redex with a few full tanks and it seems to have helped a little bit. I've had the car serviced since I got it around 9 months ago so I'm presuming the oils fine.

I've asked around and people seem to be baffled, also phoned a few garages and all they seem to suggest is economic driving which I do anyway, and redex. The guys servicing it said they couldn't find any problems with it.

Maybe it's time to sell up and use my bike till the bank balance is high enough?
suchley

20th Feb 09 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lead foot sndrone
saj_123

20th Feb 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats very odd my mums 2.3 Litre petrol people carrier does 25 mpg. Could be a fuel leak somewhere. My mate had the same car and he was getting 30 mpg out of his.

New Poll