corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bramble for England

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bramble for England
Ojc

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be fair to say that Titus Bramble has had his doubters in the past. Lambasted by everyone in the North East after his time at Newcastle, he has struggled to shake off the tag of 'Titus Shambles'.

However, after yet another blinding performance in the centre of Wigan's defence during the draw at Chelsea on Saturday surely neutral fans can accept his talents. So far this year he has been my player of the season, and has saved us plenty of points in the process.

Bramble had a running battle with Drogba on Saturday

As far as I can remember he has only made one mistake throughout the entire season - at home to West Brom - and gets a lot more bad press than some other defenders who play a lot worse - Messrs Dunne and Richards up the road at Citeh, I'm looking at you!

I will admit I accepted Bramble's signing with some trepidation back in 2007, but it has proven to be one of Chris Hutchings' best moves during his short time at the club. His replacement, Steve Bruce, has obviously spent a lot of time with Bramble on the training ground improving his concentration, and it has shone through with some outstanding displays.

Last week Bruce called for an England call-up for Lee Cattermole - after Phil Jagielka's inept display in Spain, Fabio Capello could do a hell of a lot worse than to come knocking on Titus's door.

Could Titus wear the Three Lions on his chest again?

I will probably get ridiculed for suggesting that - but if anybody saw the ease at which he dealt with the considerable talents of Didier Drogba on Saturday will find it hard to disagree. He has all the attributes to be the perfect defender, with pace, power and enviable aerial ability. He's now playing with confidence now he's away from Newcastle's bullying fans, and has found both a manager and a set of fans who appreciate his talents.

Long may this continue, and hopefully it won't just be the residents of Wigan who realise what a good player Bramble really is.
Conway563

2nd Mar 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As one of the bullying fans all I can say is
Hammer

2nd Mar 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He scored the goal, he is a waste of space.
p

2nd Mar 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"yet another blinding performance in the centre of Wigan's defence during the draw at Chelsea on Saturday "

Chelsea won the game 2-1.
fir3vip3r

2nd Mar 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
"yet another blinding performance in the centre of Wigan's defence during the draw at Chelsea on Saturday "

Chelsea won the game 2-1.

so? you watched the game right?

i was impressed with him tbh
Marc

2nd Mar 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone here a professional footballer? No!

Bramble had a right game at the weekend.
Hammer

2nd Mar 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a professional football critic, he is a bombscare.
Ojc

2nd Mar 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worse than Micah Richards who is just useless of late. Success gone to his head, no worse than Jagielka, no worse than Lescott.
Hammer

2nd Mar 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jagielka is miles better for me, especially on current form. I think a lot of people are reading too much into 1 bad England game.

Richards has been shit this season but I never bought into his hype anyway and Lescott has been overshadowed by his parter at Everton.
Ojc

2nd Mar 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kieron Dyer for England though.

I don't agree about Jagielka, he is average.
Hammer

2nd Mar 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't even let Kieran Dyer wash the strips, he'd get an injury loading the washing machine.
Conway563

2nd Mar 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO (only from when I used to watch him at Newcastle) Bramble has always had consistent runs of good form like he is at the moment but he would then royally fuck it up for a while before suddenly looking good again
Tom

2nd Mar 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Traore ftw
Ojc

2nd Mar 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kieron Dyer for England.
Adge

2nd Mar 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes been playing awsome all season! along with cattermole! both shud get a chance at international defo!
strick206

2nd Mar 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst i agree with Hammer that sometimes he is a liability, and when he does make a mistake (very rarely this season) it's a fucking shocker.

But watching him on saturday against Chelsea he played really well, and has done for a lot of the season.

England call up i'm not sure, but he's defo improved enough to shed the nickname he has imo

Steve Bruce was a brilliant defender in his day, and he clearly see something in him, and i think he's a better judge of defenders than us all

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bramble for England 24 database queries in 0.0162170 seconds