corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » IE 8

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IE 8
James

User status: Offline
5th Mar 09 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What an absolute pile of SHITE.

Does anyone find it crashes constantly? Usually when you click links that open in a new browser window.
xa0s
Banned

5th Mar 09 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why can't you just use Firefox?

I feel absolutely no reason what-so-ever to change my browser. I can't think of a reason why anybody would want to not use Firefox.
Dom

5th Mar 09 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Why can't you just use Firefox?

I feel absolutely no reason what-so-ever to change my browser. I can't think of a reason why anybody would want to not use Firefox.

eh? No reason to change your browser, yet you've changed your browser......

i find firefox is a little pap, gobbles ram like no ones business, so currently use Opera (although i think the latest few versions have been shite). All browsers have there problems.
xa0s
Banned

5th Mar 09 at 02:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

i find firefox is a little pap, gobbles ram like no ones business, so currently use Opera (although i think the latest few versions have been shite). All browsers have there problems.

I've had Firefox since it was released. IE5 or whatever it was at the time was lacking badly, and I did require more. IE8 is very new hence he must of had a browser before that... Firefox (or Opera) is far better than IE and I have no idea why people go through effort to use IE when Firefox is perfect for most people...
Russ

5th Mar 09 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

I've had Firefox since it was released. IE5 or whatever it was at the time was lacking badly, and I did require more. IE8 is very new hence he must of had a browser before that... Firefox (or Opera) is far better than IE and I have no idea why people go through effort to use IE when Firefox is perfect for most people...

Brett
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google Chrome ftw
Sam
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrome is fast but doesn't render certain websites correctly, for example Hotmail. It's a pain in the ass because if I want to check a Hotmail account I need to open up Firefox instead.

On my Mac though I use Safari, which is actually faster than Firefox (although both use the WebKit engine so they are going to be very similar anyway). Obviously no IE on a Mac since version 5.5 I think

I haven't really used Opera a lot in the past, I might try using it for a while and if it's as fast/good as Chrome on Windows I might use that instead of Chrome.

[Edited on 05-03-2009 by Sam]
Robbo

5th Mar 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
What an absolute pile of SHITE.

Does anyone find it crashes constantly? Usually when you click links that open in a new browser window.
yep, if u dl the newer version its much better
Brett
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you've got the unlucky version, Sam.
Jambo

5th Mar 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like firefox. I have it, but i dont use it.
Sam
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Sounds like you've got the unlucky version, Sam.

I'm using Opera now, quicker than Firefox and IE for me, I would say Chrome is slightly quicker than Opera.

At least I can go on Hotmail now
John

5th Mar 09 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My IE8 crashes quite regularly, I still like it though and hope they hurry up with a new release, doesn't seem to crash as much as yours james, mine does it just randomly when i'm browsing.

Although I use opera occasionaly and it's a good browser I don't see why anybody wouldn't use IE?

It comes with windows and is nicely integrated.

[Edited on 05-03-2009 by John]
Dom

5th Mar 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am i right in thinking the reason chrome is quicker is because everything is ran through google's own servers? ie: google's pre-cached websites etc

I find firefox is quicker on the mac than it is on a pc and if on a mac, Camino is apparently really good.
Hammer

5th Mar 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been using all 3 recently regularly and IE is still the best for me, Chrome disregards things in drop down menus on a couple of websites I use all the time.
John

5th Mar 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrome was compressing pictures at least at the start, I assume they still do.

I've never thougt when using IE that a page is taking a long time to draw on screen, or it's really fast in opera, there's no difference.

That along with the benchmarks changing from build to build would suggest to me that there's nothing in it.

Using firefox because you like it or like some add on fine, because it's faster though, doubt it.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I genuinely believe chrome loads pages faster than IE. Facebook is an excellent example. I also agree that it compresses images, but still at a tolerable level.
John

5th Mar 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrome will load things faster if it's only giving you some of the data, firefox and opera don't though.
Bram

5th Mar 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I downloaded IE8 beta a while back and completely fucked up my system. Back on IE7 now which I have no problems with
Sunz

5th Mar 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find opera is quickest.

Ie uses alot of memory and 8 just got stuck a lot.

Fire fox is good just find opera even more user friendly
Deadude

5th Mar 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use opera mainly cause it rox but other reason includes the cool mouse gesture things

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » IE 8 25 database queries in 0.0141940 seconds