corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you like hardcore?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you like hardcore?
Shane

User status: Offline
13th Mar 09 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Actually the MC's have some real talent, as do the dj's as its not as simple as it looks. sellouts on raves across the country and compilations making it into album charts say otherwise

you call that rave music, if this crap was played at the free parties i have been to the dj would have has his balls cut off

ow and bonkers have been turning out this sort of music for years, this is just cheese music

Ojc

13th Mar 09 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This music was good in 1994, it seems the northern half of this country are just catching up.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Note to willay, look above, it's not cool to like mainstream.

PMSL
DizzyRebel

13th Mar 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
These uncool mainstream artists selling millions say otherwise tbh.

And you know full well why, so why even bothering to argue its defence? Mainstream is exactly that because its toned down and buttered up that much so it appeals to a wide spectrum of people with the hope that it will sell and make them loadsa money.
DizzyRebel

13th Mar 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Hold up, i never commented on dj's and Mc's, I was aiming more at the piss poor production side. My main love is dance/electronic music, I listen to a lot of stuff I know people would say was utter toss, as one of my friends refers to it all as "fire alarm music" thats life. As said, i'll never agree anything faster than hard house is enjoyable. Not a fan of the harder techno dj's that thrash a constant, marching like beat out. That's without chipmunk vocals.

I did buy off yer nut cd when I was a kid, maybe it brings back bad memories.

[Edited on 13-03-2009 by Carl]

If you listen to new skool hardcore and freeform you will notice the production has come a long way since the 90's, the new cd's that are being released are as well produced - if not better than all this commercial house and electro shite that on the shelves at the minute! Also its worth noting people like andy whitby in the hard house circles often belt out tracks over 160bpm which is hardcore territory...
DizzyRebel

13th Mar 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shane
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Actually the MC's have some real talent, as do the dj's as its not as simple as it looks. sellouts on raves across the country and compilations making it into album charts say otherwise

you call that rave music, if this crap was played at the free parties i have been to the dj would have has his balls cut off

ow and bonkers have been turning out this sort of music for years, this is just cheese music

Bonkers compilations are part of the RESIST label, owned by DJ Hixxy who is a HARDCORE pioneer. There is very little cheese in hardcore - cheese is this commercial shit by people like scooter, bass hunter etc and they have no place in the hardcore scene unless somone does a pumped up remix of one of their shite tracks.
J da Silva

13th Mar 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate that there is a certain skill level involved, it's not my taste though.
Wrighty

13th Mar 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I appreciate that there is a certain skill level involved, it's not my taste though.

Wrighty

13th Mar 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hold up, i never commented on dj's and Mc's, I was aiming more at the piss poor production side. My main love is dance/electronic music, I listen to a lot of stuff I know people would say was utter toss, as one of my friends refers to it all as "fire alarm music" thats life. As said, i'll never agree anything faster than hard house is enjoyable. Not a fan of the harder techno dj's that thrash a constant, marching like beat out. That's without chipmunk vocals.

No, you never mentioned you were on about the production side either.

I can listen to dance music on a lot of levels, apart from scouse house (which is a lot of remade pop music with the same beat across all tracks, am i right?) but i wont go listen to one track and say 'no thats shite, hes not talented, he cant do this, so&so cant do that because i know how much goes into making music, and even playing it.

You cant just say James Watts (mc wotsee) & James Dennis ( dj denzo) are drivel becasue i know how hard james has worked for the scene in wales, and how good a dj denzo actually is

Iv just started Dj'in myself and i can tell you, you cannot just get up on the 1's & 2's and smash it, its so hard learning to even mix perfectly, beatmatch, etc

Hammer

13th Mar 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably be tunes I like but generally I grew out of it when I had my strobe light and Bonkers 4.
Carl

13th Mar 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:

No, you never mentioned you were on about the production side either.

I can listen to dance music on a lot of levels, apart from scouse house (which is a lot of remade pop music with the same beat across all tracks, am i right?) but i wont go listen to one track and say 'no thats shite, hes not talented, he cant do this, so&so cant do that because i know how much goes into making music, and even playing it.

You cant just say James Watts (mc wotsee) & James Dennis ( dj denzo) are drivel becasue i know how hard james has worked for the scene in wales, and how good a dj denzo actually is

Iv just started Dj'in myself and i can tell you, you cannot just get up on the 1's & 2's and smash it, its so hard learning to even mix perfectly, beatmatch, etc

The way you think of scouse house is the way I think of hardcore (and scouse house and bassline ), i'm sure there are some good scouse house productions possibly/maybe, to be honest I couldn't care, its horrible. I'm sure someone out there would argue their opinion on that same way you are standing up for hardcore.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you like hardcore? 23 database queries in 0.0178518 seconds