corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Generation Kill - Buy it/Watch it

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Generation Kill - Buy it/Watch it
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
24th Mar 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HBO 9 part series now out on dvd from the creaters of 'The Wire'. Its awesome.

Buy it- and while your at it buy all 5 series of The Wire as well- its as good as TV has ever got imo.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/7871279/Generation-Kill/Product.html

"Generation Kill is an authentic and vividly detailed 7 part HBO mini-series event that presents a uniquely epic and intimate portrait of the first 40 days of the Iraq war from the perspective of the Marines of the First Recon Battalion - a new breed of American soldiers.

The mini-series tells the story of these young Marines physical and emotional journey into the heart of Baghdad in those initial weeks, and how the war reveals to be much more complicated, problematic and tragic than anyone had contemplated. Many of the complications and problems that arise are due to the unwieldy military bureaucracy which the Marines confront in the midst of the war, the challenges of over-zealous and incompetent commanding officers, ever-changing rules of engagement, a non-existent strategy, severe deficiencies in necessary armor and supplies, and an enemy they don't understand.

Generation Kill is a humorous and frightening first hand account of these remarkable men, of the personal toll of victory, and of the brutality, camaraderie and bureaucracy of a new American war. It is a profoundly insightful and realistic look at the risk, costs and ultimately, the failures of the war.

Written and produced by Emmy-award winner David Simon (The Wire), and also produced by the award-winning George Faber (Elizabeth I)."

[Edited on 24-03-2009 by Dr Pepper]

[Edited on 24-03-2009 by Dr Pepper]
Tom G

24th Mar 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate i've watched a few on FX and its awesome!! i need to buy it
Bart

24th Mar 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nailed season 1 a few months back (been downloading it from USA).

Your quite right, I've watched the series twice as its excellent.

I think it does portray an accurate story and quite shocking really.

The Godfather FTW
I thought he was a freak the first time I heard him speak, but he is the mac daddy

[Edited on 24-03-2009 by Bart]
Tom G

24th Mar 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeah, Iceman ftw lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Generation Kill - Buy it/Watch it 23 database queries in 0.0165360 seconds