corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hamilton stripped of points from aus gp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hamilton stripped of points from aus gp
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 09 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third-place finish at the Australian Formula One Grand Prix for giving "deliberately misleading" evidence to race stewards
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Apr 09 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CUNTS
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Apr 09 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hamilton excluded from Aussie GP

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix.

The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on 29 March".

A post-race hearing promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Trulli was penalised for passing the Englishman while the safety car was out.

Trulli and Toyota have been reinstated to third place.

The Italian was initially handed a 25-second penalty for the incident which saw him demoted to 12th.

Hamilton was summoned by stewards on Thursday to discuss what the FIA, motorsport's governing body, described as "a new element" of evidence.

It was not clear what the new evidence was, although it was thought to involve pit-to-car radio conversations between the team and driver, with the FIA ruling that there had been a breach of the international sporting code

The yellow safety flags came out at Melbourne after a collision between Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Robert Kubica in his BMW Sauber.

Trulli slid off the track and was passed by Hamilton but the Toyota driver said he had little choice but to overtake the Briton again.

"When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road," he said.

"I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."

Hamilton had told Speed TV after the race that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner.

"I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, I don't know if that's the regulations, and if it isn't, then I should have really had third," said the Briton.

Toyota had said after the race that they would make a protest but dropped that on Wednesday because they felt it had no chance of succeeding.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7978186.stm

[Edited on 02-04-2009 by willay]
SteveW

2nd Apr 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=490549

You were 4 mins out
Cosmo

2nd Apr 09 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny how Toyota looked at their own evidence and decided to not appeal the decision
Aaron

2nd Apr 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owned
Robbo

2nd Apr 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking ridiculous
Sunz

2nd Apr 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good, his a twat!

Chocolate button ftw.
_Allan_

2nd Apr 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Good, his a twat!

Chocolate button ftw.

You can't call him a twat then want him to win

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hamilton stripped of points from aus gp 24 database queries in 0.1814811 seconds