corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quit smoking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quit smoking
XSIHardy

User status: Offline
8th Apr 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im currently thinking off quiting smoking, thing is, i rather enjoy it but i no that its very bad for me.

and tbh i dont think people find it apealing ect

when quitting did you come up with any new habbits, or any thing that would take away the need of a ciggy.

Brett
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drunkenfool recommended Allan Carrs Quit Smoking book to me. I bought it, but never read it, but I've lent it to two people since and they've both quit and reckon the book did it for them. God knows.
Sam
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy
im currently thinking off quiting smoking, thing is, i rather enjoy it but i no that its very bad for me.

and tbh i dont think people find it apealing ect

when quitting did you come up with any new habbits, or any thing that would take away the need of a ciggy.

I could actually breathe properly when I quit smoking!
XSIHardy

8th Apr 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i think its totaly fucked me up, played footi other day hart was beating stupidly quick
Sam
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is if you do quit you WILL notice how your breathing improves after just a few weeks! Obviously it gets better as time goes on, all I will say is if you are thinking of giving up smoking do it while you are still young, it'll be harder when you're much older and probably not much point then as your lungs may be FUBAR'd!
Twiggy

8th Apr 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found that it was a routine, adverts come on i go for a fag.

Just gotta break this... i banged on a patch aswell to help.

Been ciggy free for nearly 4 weeks
FruitBooTeR

8th Apr 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lock yourself in a room and go cold turkey
Tommy L

8th Apr 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've just got to have a bit of will power.
LeeM

8th Apr 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i quit 6 months ago, just stopped one day. i only managed for 3 months! started having the odd fag because i still enjoyed it and gradually smoked more and more.
moved on to roll ups now, it makes having a fag more effort so i smoke less, and theres less in it and i also roll the odd one really tight so not much comes off it. gonna quit again on sunday becuase i think ive kicked the addiction now
drunkenfool

8th Apr 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Drunkenfool recommended Allan Carrs Quit Smoking book to me. I bought it, but never read it, but I've lent it to two people since and they've both quit and reckon the book did it for them. God knows.

First time I read the book (well, half of it) I gave up straight away for over a year, but living in Spain where EVERYONE smokes, even in all the pubs and clubs, I had a cigarette when i was out one night and drunk, then one turned into the occasional one, before I knew it I started again. I read the whole book again about 4 months later and gave up again, its now been 7 months since I gave up and to be honest im finding it quite easy. I had a few tokes of a mate's fag one night when we were out in town cos he didnt want to go outside on his own and then he offered me a bit, but it was disgusting and its actually put me off smoking now
Sammii

8th Apr 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also want to quit... which book is this??
aewajd

8th Apr 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Lock yourself in a room and go cold turkey

Paddy Mcguier (sp) stylee
drunkenfool

8th Apr 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sammii
also want to quit... which book is this??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0141026898/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239220529&sr=8-1
Sammii

8th Apr 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats great thanks hun
Rob R

8th Apr 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quit before, was on a course of tablets from the docs and they were bloody excellent. Quit for 8 months then got a promotion to team leader on a new depot start up for the company and got stressed out my nut and ended back on them, that was 7 months ago. Going back up the docs tomorrow to sort myself out again.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy patches then stick them over your eyes, you wont be able to find your cigs then. Sorted
BluKoo

8th Apr 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've stopped smoking for 2 weeks now, and to be honest i haven't really thought about it. I just decided to stop. Simple as that.

The difference between you and i is, you're thinking you should stop, i really wanted to.
Rich H

8th Apr 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad somebody posted the link to that book as I wondered wtf Allan Carr the comedian had written a self help book for!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quit smoking 23 database queries in 0.2020950 seconds