corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Wiring in a 12v accessory socket...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day: Wiring in a 12v accessory socket...
PaulW

User status: Offline
15th Apr 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm want to fit some sort of switched feed for running some stuff (phone charger mainly), I've already got a few ideas, but just wondering if any electrical guru's and bike guru's can shed a bit of light on the subject...

Now I did find this courtesy of google http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2186/621/ but can't find something similar in the UK, so guess its something I'll just need to make up...

So, idea (which I think might work)...

I still need to look into the power connector then... Had a quick look at the Autocom connector, not sure if its ok for what I need, but I'm sure I can adapt something... Anyone have any other ideas on some sort of weatherproof connector I can use?? Will be for powering a USB phone charger (sort of like this http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod4216.html )

The flashing LED is just to act as a deterrent mainly incase some jobsworth decides to come round. Feed for the switched ignition will come from the dyno, so if that fails while riding (and I lose charging ability in regards to the battery), it will illuminate the LED and cut all power to the accessories as a safety measure.

I've got most of the kit to do it (just need 1 more inline fuse for the switched ignition), so putting it all together won't take long.

[Edited on 15-04-2009 by PaulW]
Skylined

15th Apr 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there not already something 12v that you could just run another wire off from the fuse box with an in-line fuse on?
PaulW

15th Apr 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, plus want something I can just unbolt and move onto another bike when I eventually get one (if it doesnt have an accessory plug)

corsa120

15th Apr 09 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate go to a bike and ask as my mate bought something to run his sat nav on his triumph as it did not have 12v supply plug, he did it piece of piss so he reckons
PaulW

15th Apr 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried that originally, and they are a bit too expensive and don't really do what I want. I've gone over the diagram again (as it will be connected in the bike running only 1 Aux). Also changed the fuse values, the 30A was a bit big tbh (the bikes master is only rated 20A)

I can easily expand on it as-and-when though if I ever need to add another aux output. It can do 3 Aux power outs, so not too bad

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Wiring in a 12v accessory socket... 23 database queries in 0.0109100 seconds