corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » SkyBet price for Luton to win the BSP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SkyBet price for Luton to win the BSP
Nath

User status: Offline
14th Apr 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/non-league/blue-square-premier/next-season

9/2

Great odds considering we dont even to deserve to be in the BSP. Also when you consider this piece of info:

Luton managing director Gary Sweet has confirmed that Mick Harford will lead the club's fight to get back into the Football League.

The Hatters finally lost their season-long battle to overhaul a 30-point penalty and succumbed to relegation on Monday, and boss Harford has pledged his future to the club.

"Mick is the right man to be in the position, managing the football team for us," Sweet told Sky Sports News.

"In terms of the footballers, as Mick is staying so are the players and that is something we have heard throughout the camp.

"This should ensure that we are going to be successful next year as we have got a good bunch.

"We have no baggage from the previous owners, we can move on with our heads held high and build from here on a level playing field."

Nico is deffo staying, as he said he'll only leave if he isn't wanted. If these guys stay then they know they'll become part of LTFC history. I'd expect some to leave, obviously, but if we can retian the core we'll be back for sure.
JonnyJ

14th Apr 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said when i text you mate. I reckon you SHOULD bounce back. Although its a lot tougher league than you would think.

You don't need skillful players to be successful, you need comitted, bruisers at the back and midfield, one creative midfielder and some fast strikers. Look what Histon did to Leeds. Im aware that cup games bring a bit extra out of smaller teams but i just knew histon would bully Leeds' pansy boys off the park and they did.

Expect to get kicked around and not only that every small team will raise their game against you knowing you are a big fish. Also dont forget half the league is now made up of ex "established" league sides.

You will certainly be up there but i wouldnt expect it to be a walk in the park (expect against york if we stay up)
Danny P

14th Apr 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be everyones "cup final" Nath. Every team will give the extra 10% against you as you are the big boys in the League.

I reckon it will be harder than you think.
Robbo

14th Apr 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say beware the oxford curse

Oh and also Jill hates luton, you shoudl direct some abuse hr way
Jules

14th Apr 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

You've seen her Facebook status' aswell! lol
Nath

15th Apr 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold on, I never used the word easy. I'm not naive.

My reasons for thinking 9/2 is a fantastic price:

1) We aren't the worst team in L2, not by a long shot.
2) As it stands we are too good for the BSP. We'd have midtable L2 points without the minus 30. Not to mention some of our players are capable at playing at higher than L2 level, yet they stuck with Luton because they love the club aka. Nico.
3) There won't be any rats jumping from our sinking ship.
4) We have a clean slate.
5) We have a budget which will work in the BSP so long as we break 4k at a home game.
6) The other old League teams are in the BSP because they deserve to be. We aren't the worst team in the Football League. So Oxfords case means nothing.

I could go on...... Nobody thinks its easy, thats not why I created this thread. My point was, and still is, that 9/2 is a good price for a flutter.

Jeez. 3 relegations in 3 years and people think I'm getting arrogant. Come on guys!! I know what hard times are like.

Danny P

15th Apr 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont mean it sound like I thought you'd think it would be easy. Just saying it might not be as easy as your making out. If that makes sense.

Team will just come to Luton and kick you all over. No matter how good your players are they will struggle to play any kind of decent football. The pitches are shite, the crowds are shite. Your players might find it hard to perform in front of 500 fans in Weymouth on a Tuesday night, whereas the teams you are playing against will up there game to beat "the big boys"

I liken your situation to Leeds in League 1. Technically they have the best team in the League, but they aint top because everyone plays better against them just because they are Leeds United. I think you'll find it could be a similar situation at Luton.
Nath

15th Apr 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That little rant thing above wasn't aimed at anybody in particular, I just don't want people thinking I think it'll be easy. It never is with us
Nath

15th Apr 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH nobody can be compared to us at the moment due to the punishment we recieved being the biggest in FL history.
richard_cooper

15th Apr 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mansfield should do better next season when he brings in some more better players and gets rid of the crap.

It helps now they have a decent manager.
strick206

15th Apr 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do fancy luton for the BSP next season but won't be getting involved at 9/2 yet. Important to see what happens to the players

Shitanta are pulling out from the BSP too iirc which means even less money coming in.

They should win the league comfortably, but will wait a few months before i get involved at that price

Plus skybet are notorious for pricing things up early like this and generally price it on the low side
Nath

15th Apr 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Michael Spillane is back to Norwich as he signed a new contract today.

We'd only be seriously derailed if we lost Tom Craddock or George Pilkington. As long as we get longer than 24hours to arrange a team this time round we'll be fine. Because our Match Day programme versus Port Vale last August contained 8 TBCs on the team sheet
Robbo

15th Apr 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

You've seen her Facebook status' aswell! lol
Robbo

15th Apr 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fyi my oxford comment was big club, reasonable histoiry, top stadium, good setup, good players and good support etc yet stuck in the conf for a good few years now
Nath

16th Apr 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah I got that, but they were relegated fairly.
JonnyJ

16th Apr 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway Nath i forgot to say. Welcome to hell. This is what you have to look forward to next season:
Histon

Barrow

Salisbury

Altrincham

Eastbourne Borough

Kettering

And if we stay up the mighty Bootham Crescent

LukeD

16th Apr 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully your be coming down to telford too, top ground just need to get out of the Con North league.

Those grounds tho on a winter week night.... not good. can remember going to canvey island one winter wet night on the sea end. awfull.

[Edited on 16-04-2009 by LukeD]
JonnyJ

16th Apr 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Telford's is a tidy little ground Luke. One of the better ones down there.

And aye can be testing in winter. Farsley Celtics ground is a fucking tip, stood there a few times in minus oC conditions. All part of the NL experience, non of this cushty seat malarky!
Nath

16th Apr 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I survived Blackpool in January when their away end was open. I'll be reet

Jonny, your boys best stay up

As for that array of 4 star UEFA Stadia above............ bring it on

How much do those places charge anyway?
JonnyJ

17th Apr 09 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill know at 5pm tomorrow if we even have a chance of staying up Nath. Probably not the way things are going.

Your looking at around £10-12 for most adult tickets Nath

£14 at York. £16 at Mansfield

[Edited on 17-04-2009 by JonnyJ]
Nath

17th Apr 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are going to love our prices
JonnyJ

17th Apr 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
People are going to love our prices

Dont you trade in Rupees in Luton?
Nath

17th Apr 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The traiff is Goats and Camels now.
JonnyJ

17th Apr 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that case i think i can see where it all started going wrong, financially, for Luton.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » SkyBet price for Luton to win the BSP 24 database queries in 0.0157020 seconds