corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » got a parking ticket....again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got a parking ticket....again
Ben G

User status: Offline
   18th Apr 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to the cinemas tonight at romford and got a parking fine on my windscreen from MET.

the first time i went over my paid for time by half an hour (my fault, was eating a chinese buffet and forgot about the time), this time i didn't even realise you had to pay at weekends totally forgot about it.

it's annoying though because they have 2 car parks close to eachother, one you pay at the start and the other one you pay when you've finished and want to leave.

really pissed me off tonight, watched crank 2 which was brilliant and then some inbred immigrant mother fucker had to ruin my night

i need a violin, now, please

doubt theres any loopholes so looks like i'll be having to fork out another £50
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Apr 09 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carl

18th Apr 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MET as in the police? iF so yeah your screwed, them and councils thee is no getting out of it. Anyone apart from that I'd use as toilet paper.
Ben G

18th Apr 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not police thats just the name of their company.
Carl

18th Apr 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your luck is in then. Don't pay it. Plenty of information on the net and i've done it myself. Council and police give you a ticket it comes under criminal law, by this it is the registered keepers duty (by law) to say who was driving, if not they get the fine.
ANY other company, all the parking ones etc, it is Civil law. They will try and make it look all official etc, this basically scares people into paying, same as the pay now 50 quid pay after 5 days 120 quid business. Basically though because it is now a civil matter it falls under contractual law. For there to be a contract they need to know who has entered into that contract (ie who drove the car into their car park) HOWEVER there is no law that the registered keeper has to say who was driving at that time.
So basically they need a time stamped picture/video (that would hold up in a court of law) of you driving that vehicle at that day and time.
So all you do is send a letter saying as the registered keeper you aren't aware of who was driving the car at that time, if you send me evidence of who was driving I will assist you in identifying who was driving.
99% they wont have any evidence.
When I did it they ignored my first letter and sent me another asking for the money type letter, so I just re-sent the first letter and they listened then, job done.
As said there is plenty of info knocking about, template letters etc.
Colin

18th Apr 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stick it in the bin
Ben G

18th Apr 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, can they not look on cctv though?

they have probably taken photos of my car because they did that before as i could see them on their website.

i did notice that the parking ticket wasn't stuck to my windscreen aswell, it was just placed under my front wiper. could possibly say i didnt receive it? although again, they could look at cctv if theres any there
John

19th Apr 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's a private company just forget about it as said.

Either that or you don't know who was driving.

Absolute bunch of conning scumbags.
Carl

19th Apr 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they need clear cctv footage of you driving the car, it would have to be extremely clear it was you, and it would have to be time stamped etc to prove it was that day and time. They have to know who was driving for there to be a breach of contract and get you to stump up the money. Without knowing this they couldn't possibly take anyone to court, it is how that law works.
Like I said, ask them for it, by saying you don't know who was driving at that time as more than one person has access to your car, but you will help id the person, you are covered. That way if they do have it they can send you it and if it is clearly you then fair play maybe you should pay, but the chances are they wont have any.
Ben G

19th Apr 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is their website:

http://www.metparking.com/

i might just leave it and wait for them to contact me, but then don't want the fine to escalate to £100 after 2 weeks
Colin

19th Apr 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send them a polite letter instructing them to ram said fine up ones arse!!

I wouldnt pay it. They wont take you to court. If they do they'll lose.

I dont stick my hand in my pocket for anything like this, ive had several 'companies' chase me for monies owed for things like paring tickets & such like, usually they completelly rely on people shitting themselves into paying up.
John

19th Apr 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a similar company threaten me and then I got a letter from some debt collectors.

Checking their web site it was a no win no fee one, chancers, was over a year ago now, heard nothing else after the debt collectors letter.
Colin

19th Apr 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually they sell they debt on to a collection agency after a while..............just tell them to bolt aswell!!!

Never phone them though.............always in writing.
Carl

19th Apr 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
this is their website:

http://www.metparking.com/

i might just leave it and wait for them to contact me, but then don't want the fine to escalate to £100 after 2 weeks

As Colin said that's what they want, people to shit it and pay up. That's why they look so official and even basically copy the proper tickets and most folk do.
End of they day it is your 50 quid. I didn't have money to burn and I actually had a permit for the car park I was in, I just forgot to put it on that night and I knew that they would have still wanted the money if I'd have said, sorry I had a permit will you let me off.

Paypal me £20 notes and your details and i'll do the letter for you if you want.
Ben G

19th Apr 09 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll have a think about it tomorrow, i don't want to pay them a penny but i totally forgot to pay the parking machine so technically it is my fault.

always go cinemas on a sunday usually which is always free to park, just seemed to have forgotten i needed to pay
Carl

19th Apr 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=56

This explains it all.
richc

19th Apr 09 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave essex. Its the only way
drunkenfool

19th Apr 09 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder what the situation is with clamping then?
Jambo

19th Apr 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to know the clamping thing too. £120 was 40mins late back to my car.
Dione J

21st Apr 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you pay it in the end Ben?
dan-sport

21st Apr 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate got clamped by one of those non offical companys and i just took a tool box down to him and we undid the ball joint and got it off then chucked it, nout came off it either

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » got a parking ticket....again 23 database queries in 0.0189409 seconds