corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Today, I failed at motorbikes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Today, I failed at motorbikes
dannymccann

User status: Offline
20th Apr 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the Mitaka cylinder kit has been ordered, no offense but I trust Dizzy's opinions and technical skills due to his training and from what I have seen and he said this will be fine, so £200 lighter and should be fixed by Wednesday or Thursday, whenever Dizzy has some time to do it.

As is the way with me though, 2 more problems have been found (albeit less expensive and serious ones ) : the horn is hanging off and the solenoid for the PV is knackered so just more and more stuff to get right. Hopefully though once its sorted I will be looking after it properly (or if it doesnt get sorted Ill sell it )

[Edited on 20-04-2009 by dannymccann]
Graham88

20th Apr 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine gets a good ragging so haven't gotta worry about that. Never heard of 'having' to rag it though
Kano

20th Apr 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Mine gets a good ragging so haven't gotta worry about that. Never heard of 'having' to rag it though

2 strokes can choke up really easily. We get a lot of call outs for scooters and 125's that have flooded and wont go. Plug out and cleaned and they get going again.

£200 is a cheap repair considering my mate blew his TLR 1000 gearbox up last night and is facing a 1k+ gearbox rebuild..
Welsh Dan

20th Apr 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
I picked up my bike today, and as i've not ridden since my test a few months ago, I stalled it loads of times and killed the battery

What bike?

I still aint ridden mine

Only an SV650s, as its my first bike.
DizzyRebel

20th Apr 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by allza
I always change the barrel anyways on mine. I used mitaka kit too and it was fine. Cheap fix really when you compare to car repair prices.

dont use mitaka, i rode a bike with a mitaka head onit and you could see the tempreture rise as you rode it, crap quality!

Mitaka make race parts for MX bikes, they arent on par with rotax for quality but by all means are still great value for money. a top end genuine from aprilia would be £600 - so if you get 20k from an aprilia one and only 10k from a mitaka one it still works out cheaper to buy the pattern parts.
Mobby

20th Apr 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by allza
I always change the barrel anyways on mine. I used mitaka kit too and it was fine. Cheap fix really when you compare to car repair prices.

dont use mitaka, i rode a bike with a mitaka head onit and you could see the tempreture rise as you rode it, crap quality!

Mitaka make race parts for MX bikes, they arent on par with rotax for quality but by all means are still great value for money. a top end genuine from aprilia would be £600 - so if you get 20k from an aprilia one and only 10k from a mitaka one it still works out cheaper to buy the pattern parts.

why not rebore and oversize?
DizzyRebel

20th Apr 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant rebore a nicasil plated alloy barrel, you can only have it re-plated.

Only way you can get it bored is to have a steel liner put in, its expensive tho and not worth it unless your racing!
Graham88

20th Apr 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
£200 is a cheap repair considering my mate blew his TLR 1000 gearbox up last night and is facing a 1k+ gearbox rebuild..

WTF? I'd buy a cheap crashed TLR and put that gearbox in it!
Kano

20th Apr 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Kano

WTF? I'd buy a cheap crashed TLR and put that gearbox in it!

Try finding one! Engine has to be stripped to get to the box aswell, the 2 heads bolt onto the box. Just a nightmare all round for him. We took the engine out it last night so just have to get a quote for the damage and go from there..
Graham88

21st Apr 09 at 04:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not good. Best of luck.
DizzyRebel

21st Apr 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a tlr worth? insurance job on that thing - wouldnt bother repairing it!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Today, I failed at motorbikes 23 database queries in 0.0141990 seconds