corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike day: helmet

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bike day: helmet
Mo

User status: Offline
20th Apr 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics when they arrive
harrisp

21st Apr 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
i got a nitro helmet for £25 from ghost bikes

A mate of mine had a cheap nitro helmet, and fell off a pit bike doing less than 30mph and knocked himself clean out.
dannymccann

21st Apr 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As VXR said the bike shows should be good for getting some bargains, I intend on going to one in my car over the summer and maybe getting some more gear on the cheap

As it was I needed gear fast (that morning as I was picking the bike up in 3 hours ) so I nipped in to Hein Gericke

Jacket : £60 (inner removable lining and has pads all over it in improtant places)
Helmet : £75 (red RST job, I put a new tinted visor on it today which I got for £19 off internet, looks 10x better now)
Boots : Just a generic make but better than fashion boots and trainers, give protection up calf and what not)
Gloves : £35, standard leather palms and material on top with some sort of protective material, thick but not too thick so you cant feel the handlebars
And then a disc lock

It all came to £260 odd which I got over 6 months interest free, I may have a paid a bit more but the 6 months mattered more to me.

As for bottoms, I wear my jeans and then if Im going out to ride quick I have a thick pair of waterproof trousers with an internal fluffy lining for warmth and protection, got them from SportSoccer for £17 from the golf section
richc

21st Apr 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

peterborough bike show is on the 17th of may. Get your self down there. PLenty of good quality gear for a fraction of the price!
dannymccann

21st Apr 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit close to my house move tbh, no spare cash anymore (especially with my bike repairs) shame though as its probly the closest one I will get to
Mo

21st Apr 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its only 3 hours away for me
Daimo B

21st Apr 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NEC Show is probably the biggest near you.
Bram

21st Apr 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
if Im going out to ride quick I have a thick pair of waterproof trousers with an internal fluffy lining for protection

dannymccann

21st Apr 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bram they are padded as well I dont just use wool for protection
richc

21st Apr 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Bram they are padded as well I dont just use wool for protection

But soon as you hit the floor, the melt through with in milliseconds
xa0s
Banned

22nd Apr 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people don't worry about dropping their helmet and nothing ever happens to them. I can't say I've ever seen a story of someone dying or being injured badly due to not replacing them helmet. Generally if it's bad enough to mess you up that serve a working helmet wouldn't do much anyway, but that's just my understanding of it.

I'm very careful with my helmet, but that's probably because I spent nearly £500 on it. I'm not gunna lie, I bought it for the make and to have the best gear but it's reassuring knowing you have a proven helmet.

Still, in Sharp's online rating guide the top-of-the-range Arai's actually rate less than some £50 shitty lids you get from eBay. Who actually knows?

I've met various guys who just chuck their helmet on the floor and don't give a flying fuck about it, but it's your head, your life and it needs to be your decision really.
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stafford Bike show is on this weekend if its near you. U'll have to google the show.

But its big. Big enough for pater to go up on saturday and not come home till sunday.......
Half Pint

22nd Apr 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love my helmet....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike day: helmet 23 database queries in 0.1325359 seconds