corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Spotlights and a lick of paint make SUCH a difference!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spotlights and a lick of paint make SUCH a difference!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
21st Apr 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really wish I had taken some photos before I started the job, but I've repainted all the walls, skirtings, door drames, ceiling and loft hatch white again, ripped up the old carpet (new one coming today) and replaced the old light fitting with spotlights and I cant beleive how much of a difference it has made! It feels like a different house
This is the only pic I got at the moment, I'll try to get some better ones later.

Im tempted to paint the woodwork white too, but the rest of my flatmates reckon it would be better to leave the wood so I think im gonna wait till the carpet is fitted and see how it looks then. Anyway, Im quite pleased that ive finished it cos I did it all on my own and im suprised I didnt get bored half way through and give up
a_j_mair

21st Apr 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice and fresh

white banister might make it awfull white imo
myke

21st Apr 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks excellent.
I'd definately keep the wood as is.

dannymccann

21st Apr 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arent you a student? Meaning that isnt your house? Why are you renovating (at your own cost) somebody elses property?
drunkenfool

21st Apr 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am, yes, but my mum owns the house and when I've got a job I will be taking over the mortgage repayments and it will be mine. I've done loads of work to it since I moved in, hopefully it has imcreased the property value! We are going to get it valued at the beginning of the summer and then sort out renting it out next year either as a whole house or individual rooms to students.
drunkenfool

21st Apr 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
Looks excellent.
I'd definately keep the wood as is.

Maybe I would like it more with a strip down and a fresh coat of varnish. It just looks a bit tatty now compared to the rest of it
drunkenfool

21st Apr 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a pic of the new carpet but it looks kinda green in that pic Its a dark grey speckledy one, it was pretty cheap but at least it looks a million times better than the horrible old one there before

I put those spotlight in the kitchen in there today too but only 3 of them are wired up at the moment cos one of the boxes didnt have any bulb holders in, so there will be another 3 in a couple of days, all are in place though.

Also, the freeview box on the little tv in the kitchen was being very immature...

Oh yeah, and I got the speakers up on the wall for the TV in the lounge, ive painted the filler since that pic too. Fngers crossed the proper wall mount brackets will be here tomorrow!

dannymccann

22nd Apr 09 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to you then, that kitchen looks excellent
drunkenfool

22nd Apr 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The spotlights make it look a lot fresher, im really happy with it. I think it's my favourite room in the house I'll have to get some pictures of the garden up in a few weeks too when I've finished that, but I shouold probably get my final exams out of the way first

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by drunkenfool]
Bonney

22nd Apr 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd leave the bannister that colour, Just freshen it up a bit. Gives it all a bit of contrast
drunkenfool

22nd Apr 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I think I will. On another note, I just got this to go in the hallway

New Poll