corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust fell off last night

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust fell off last night
moka

User status: Offline
25th Apr 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the backbox - i was about 80 miles from home so had to drive it. It sounded amazin

What damage if any can this do?

Will it rape my petrol?

How much for a 1.4 backbox + fitting?

Looking like middle of next week ill have to money to get it done so i will have to drive it to work... Is it worth taking the risk?
SRI-LEE

25th Apr 09 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the back box is just a silencer but also gives back pressure so with it off your car will use more fuel and lack power but should be ok for a few days just for little journeys
Ricky352

25th Apr 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt worry about it, will be fine to drive.

New bacbox fitted would probably be about £70 from a professional?

Buy one second hand and do it yourself for fuck all.
moka

26th Apr 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noticed the EML will come on for 3-4 seconds now and then while driving... Is this because of exhaust? Car seems to be running fine.
wozza51

26th Apr 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

naa i run a sport with no back box for over a year and no EML on used no more fuel... not noticably anyways

mine was a standard centre section and cat and ust a straight through rear section sounded amazing
moka

27th Apr 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wozza51
naa i run a sport with no back box for over a year and no EML on used no more fuel... not noticably anyways

I see, so i obviously have a problem somewhere...

Quick question, can i still do the paper clip test if it only comes on for 3-4 seconds rarely... Ive had it for 220 miles now and its come on twice then goes straight back off...??
16vKarlos

27th Apr 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to me last week Moka, of course being my first car i didnt really know what to expect, but i had to drive it to Halfrauds for new U-Clamps. did it myself and Sweet as A Nut now.
Also have to admidt i did like the drive with it off, but i was keeping the eyes of the Fuel Gauge

Karlos
john_c20xe

27th Apr 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt really wana get pulled over with no back box!
the exhaust fumes are suposed to be exited via the rear off the car not underneath,
ull get carbon monixide poising through air gaps ect
moka

28th Apr 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sorted now, got quoted £50.20 for the back box and fitting but when they lifted the car up there was tape around the middle box and so i got them to replace the lot... £100 but i had a £5 discount voucher so got it for £95. I watched them do it so next time ill do it myself... piece of piss.. Just need something to lift the car
steven_r2008

28th Apr 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trolly jack great invetions they are still recomend getting axle standas aswell though just to be on the safe side.

and in response to your question about paperclipping it if the eml is only on for 3 - 4 seconds, no mate i dont think it will tell you, as i think the eml has to be on for around either 20 or 30 seconds for it to save the fault code. anybody can correct me if i am wrong though
Daveskater
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My EML light came on every so often for a few days, looked in the owner's manual and it says that it's not a problem and to ignore it.

Back pressure is not proven to be right or wrong, some people believe it's essential, but others think that on modern engines it's a load of rubbish. Either way, whoever you ask about it, their opinion will most likely be very strong.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll