corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damn, Took 3 months but my court date's finally arrived...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Damn, Took 3 months but my court date's finally arrived...
mattk

User status: Offline
1st May 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some real heroes in here
steven_r2008

1st May 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope all goes well for you in court mate and pray that you get a decent judge.

i have lost my license for 6 months, in the final month of it now though

i didn't even do anything wrong though that was the piss annoying thing about mine

1 and a half years ago (christmas eve 2007) was out and about with 2 of my mates in the car, when some pissed up bloke who had been on an all day bender stepped out on a crossing when it was on a green light for me, leaving me no time to break. . . .

yup you've all guessed it

i then hit the bloke at 30mph. a car pulled up right infront of mine (came from same direction as me), and they got out and started saying that i was speeding and that i nearly lost controll on an island further up the road, although i didn't

so police turn up, get all info from everybody, apart from any potential witnesses on my behalf (ie, my 2 mates that were IN the car were told to clear off)

also blatantly obvious he had stepped into the road as all the damage was on the f/n/s corner of the bumpre, f/n/s headlanmp, f/n/s wing and n/s windscreen!

a whole year later and a few interviews and adjournments of court dates my final court case came.

despite having driven for a whole year after the accident, without being pulled for so much as a bulb being out,

went suited and booted, i lost my license for 6 months, got a £360 fine, and over £800 of court fees. didn't get any points though lol

all on the say so that 2 people (from the same car) said that they saw me nearly lose controll on an island further up the road (despite the fact, me having 3 whitnesses saying that i didn't). solicitor says that the b**ch of a judge had made her mind up before hearing any of the evidence

just hope all goes alot better for you though mate

p.s., sorry for the essay

and if anybody wants to see what happens to a corsa from hitting a bloke in his mid 30's at 30mph, just let me know

[Edited on 01-05-2009 by steven_r2008]
mattk

1st May 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds like a nightmare, was the bloke ok?
Limecat
Banned

1st May 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
that sounds like a nightmare, was the bloke ok?

If that happened to me I would hope the cunt died!

What's the big fuss on this thread? The guy should be getting crucified for only doing 114MPH!
CorsaSport14

1st May 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i have learned my lesson sinse, and at the time no i was no thinking about my job and licence but thats the fastest ive ever driven and im 90% of the time a safe and sensible driver. I was just unlucky that i got caught.

I was caught by a stationary police car parked up out the way on the motorway, he had an average speed camera set up in he's car which caught me.
jungle

1st May 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck i have 7 monhs to wait still til i get mines back and that was a 3year ban i got
grez12

1st May 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jungle
good luck i have 7 monhs to wait still til i get mines back and that was a 3year ban i got

oh my god what the hell did you do to get 3yr ban ??

Graham88

2nd May 09 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Show remorse, which it sounds like you have, I showed it and my Dangerous Driving charge has been reduced down to a 2 day Drivers Improvements Course and no Conviction. Couldn't be happier as I felt the conviction was harsh.

Just remember everyone is doing their job, so don't get annoyed with anybody and you'll be ok.
Corsebi

2nd May 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in a similar situation as you are, i'm a second year apprentice for BMW and when i got caught i thought i'd loose my job and everything. In the end kept my job, got 13 points a £250 fine and just under 6 weeks later im back on the road again!
All depends on the judge on the day..

Good luck though!
Gregor

2nd May 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with it mate. I speed, regularly and one day I will be caught. I think, however that I am one of about 5 people on this forum who do actually speed.

Basing that on the fact most of the james blunts replying stick to the limit at all times.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damn, Took 3 months but my court date's finally arrived... 23 database queries in 0.0110328 seconds